Bad Experience with Easy Street Vacation Rentals, Destin, FL

This vacation house rental company tents to overcharge customers after they check out of the rental properties. We brought two dogs there for 4 days, one was white and one was white with yellow spots. We paid the pet fees ($160) and clean fees ($300) in front. After we checked out the house, we received a bill of $400+ deducted from our $500 deposit. One of the charges was, "There was a great amount of BLACK pet hair throughout the house and on the furniture" for $60, along with other charges. But, we had WHITE dogs. Another one is "dragged sand throughout the house and decks" for $50. This house was several blocks from the beach. We didn't swim on the beach because it was too cold in the winter. Basically, they have no intention to refund your deposit. You really don't want to spend big $ on the vacation and then have to deal with these rude poeple afterward.

I also had a horrible experience with easy street vacation rentals. I was charged for a golf cart that was supposed to be included in the price.

When I noticed the charge(the day after we got there) i called the owner. I had autorized him to charge my card for the insurance fee that the website said you had to pay in order to use the golf cart. When the owner arrived to discuss the issue, He was extremely rude!!! He said that when I booked the rental it was not included.

Their website was changed the same day I booked!

He refunded only a portion of the charge and offered a discounted rate to keep it the reaminder of the time. I will NEVER rent from them again because of the way the owner treated me!!!

I saw their add on tv in relation to losing business and the oil spill. I'm glad that I research properties before I go to them.

After reading this and other complaints on other sites, leads me to decide that I dont want to deal with the hassle of trying enjoy my vacation and then have to fight with the owner over things that should be ready for me or the deposit once we leave. Maybe he didnt lose money from the oil spill maybe he lost it from bad business practices.

We were considering booking at this rental company but have found too much negative information.What is surprising is the Owner is actually calling his customers names which is a big turn off.Thanks but no thanks,our money can be spent just as well elsewhere.

View more comments (2)

To read more: http://www.easystreetvacationrentals.com/terms-conditions.asp
Easy Street Vacation Rentals Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.easystreetvacationrentals.com/privacy-policy.asp
Easy Street Vacation Rentals FAQ
Certain homes can accommodate the extra parking and others cannot. Yes, The Company accept Most Major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Discover. All Credit Card Charges are covered in the processing fee. www.easystreetvacationrentals.com also accept personal checks (if received at least 30 days before arrival) Cash, Cashier's Checks and Money Orders. The Company strongly recommend Travel Insurance, not just for storms and hurricanes, but for any event that may shorten or cancel The Client's trip. The Company offer travel insurance through CSA. Yes, Website rent to responsible College Students 21 years of age and older that agree to respect Easy Street Vacation Rentals's' property. No parties or loud and rowdy behavior is allowed, and www.easystreetvacationrentals.com have a Zero Tolerance Policy. The minimum age to rent any of the Easy Street houses is 21 years old and the responsible over 21 must be staying for the entire rental period.
To read more: http://www.easystreetvacationrentals.com/faq.asp
Summary

Easy Street Vacation Rentals offers exclusive accommodations in Destin, FL for everyone whether a family with young children, group of teenagers, a couple of the enamoured or an extended family gathering. Clients may choose the house for any tastes with all of the amenities and furnishings (most of which are pet friendly) depending on the sizes and the price with various quantities of bedrooms, with a big court yard or private pool or separate in-laws quarters. The company constantly provides last minute discounts and specials on renting a house at a lower price. Easy Street Vacation Rentals also offers a wide range of activities like golf, scuba diving, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, nightlife, and water sports etc.

Easy Street Vacation Rentals reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article