Eastar Health System - Outpatient Surgery Review from Marionville, Missouri

I recently was scheduled to have an outpatient procedure done at Eastar Health Care System Hospital in Muskogee, OK. My doctor, who is a part of Eastar HCS, told me that her surgery scheduler had already called my insurance company to make sure they would cover the procedure at that hospital, and everything was fine. . I got to the hospital as scheduled, and started filling out paperwork, and as I'm about to sign, the Intake Rep told me that I would have to pay $3000 up front because they are not a part of my insurance network. . I was shocked. I called my insurance company and was told they ARE in-network, 4 separate times. The Intake Rep refused to call again and long story short, I now have to find a new doctor with rights to a hospital in my network, to get this procedure done, because the hospital refused to even discuss it further until they had extorted $3000 from me for an $1800 procedure!

I recently visited with Charlotte at Eastar Hospital, in Muskogee, OK, and resolved the issue.

ID
Marionville, Missouri
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article