Couldn't eat food due to pregnancy

Basically my wife and I went out to eat, just wanted something small to share. We walked in and was told to sit anywhere we like. It took about 5 minutes for someone to greet us, another 5 minutes to bring us water and we had to ask multiple times for straws. We ordered tiger shrimp which were delicious and then a fried chicken sandwich with a pimento cheese spread on it. When we got the sandwich the pimento cheese was white, which usually it's orange considering pimento is. Most pimento cheese is mayonnaise based but this one was all mayo. So I asked if we could just get it taken off the menu because we didn't want to consume straight lard, the waiter apologized and said she would get it taken care of. Well the manager came by and said she thought nothing was wrong with he product and refused to take it off our bill. This was frustrating because we never touched the sandwich or side, I only tried the pimento spread because I was curious why it was white. If you go here don't get anything you're not sure of cause they don't care about proper customer service!

And the restaurant is in Asheville, NC not in Spartanburg, SC... My mistake

What does your complaint have anything to do with pregnancy?

But they should have taken it off the bill if you didn't eat any of the sandwich.

@PissedConsumer771764

Because you're extremely picky during pregnancy and mayonnaise isn't really the most appetizing thing out there... Besides if you don't touch your food at all don't make a pregnant woman pay for it, bottom line...

@PissedConsumer771838

Bottom line: It's not the restaurant's fault that you are "picky". If there was something wrong with the sandwich other that you just didn't like it I could see your point. However, they don't have to take the loss just because it was unappealing to you.

View more comments (3)
ID
Spartanburg, South Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article