East Hills Jeep Chrylser - 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Review from New York, New York

I will like to make a complain against one of your dealership (East hill Chrysler in greenvale New York). I went there forba 2012 grand cherokee after i agreed on a price 25.500 K. Whitch was approved by the manager. The sale agent Tony took a deposit from me to start the process, a few hours latter he call me at home to tell me that the manager would not sell me the car unless i finance the vehicle. This to me is illegal after i sign and left a deposit, it actually feels like they where trying to shake me down. Please foward this complain to the proper authority. Feel free to contact me at Rbrown4115@***.com Or call 646 234 ****. I will greatly appreciate a follow up
ID
New York, New York
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Shysters & Liers @ East Hills Jeep Chrysler

We contracted for a car and turns out they had another contract on the car. We signed papers, made a deposit and filled out financing forms. They strung us along for a week before saying there was damage to the car and they couldn't sell it and it was going back to the auction house. But according to carfax it was not an auction car. it was a trade in and originally sold at East Hills Jeep Chrysler. The salesman, Tony K, lied for the company. When we spoke with a manager he said there had been another deposit on the car and our contract was not valid because they had not signed it. But they shook hands and took our deposit. They didn't return the deposit until I called and told them we were suing for breach of contract. DO NOT go to East Hills Jeep Chrysler!!!!
#820274

Dear Ms. Thespy,

I just read your review and I wanted to personally follow up with you.

East Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram bears a lot of the responsibility for this transaction. We, in no way, wanted to cause you harm in this transaction, but there were circumstances that led to our decision to sell the vehicle you wanted to another buyer.

We may or may not have communicated that there was a buyer for the exact vehicle you wanted prior to your arrival in our dealership. This buyer wanted this vehicle, but was credit challenged, and he was difficult to contact after we met with him. We were unsure of his interest level.

A few days after buyer #1 came to us, you arrived and signed a Buyers Order for this same vehicle.

On your Buyers Order signed by you, we wrote that you must take delivery of this vehicle within 48 hours. I am told by Emil Keri, used vehicle manager, that you did not honor this 48 hour commitment. At that point, East Hills had to question the level of intent to purchase from you.

Buyer #1 reappeared, with a co-buyer, and was ready to move forward and take delivery of this vehicle. We honored our original customer.

In retrospect, if you had not known there was a first buyer, then we should have informed you of this.

The 48 hour delivery clause on your signed Buyers Order leads me to believe, we were setting an expectation with you that was not honored. What occurred next is pure embarrassment on East Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram's part. In no way should a salesperson purposely mislead a customer. Your salesperson gave you an excuse that he believed would convince you that you did not want this vehicle.

When you spoke to our used vehicle manager, Emil Keri, he told you the truth. I apologize for your salesperson's lack of professionalism. This is not how East Hills has built its reputation and we do not tolerate lying. None of these words can make you feel any better.

We are sorry for this unfortunate incident and we wish you and your family only the best.

If there is any possible way to rebuild your trust, I would invite you to deal directly with Emil Keri and we will do our absolute best to show you our everyday level of professionalism. Sincerely, Phil Wolhar Chief Marketing Officer East Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram pwolhar@***.com

ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article