Vetinerary unprofessional services.

I have been a patient of Dr. Rife at East Haven Vetinerary Associates in East Haven Connecticut for 12 years. My 11 /12 year old Chihuahua had minor seizures 5 years ago which she put him on phenobarbital 16.2 mg. I was informed to give my dog two bills twice a day one in the morning the other at night. I have been doing this for 5 years. My dog is a service animal and I am living on a fix income which Dr. Rife was allowing me to give her monthly payments at a time until the bill was paid up. After the 12 years I have been going to her, all of a sudden she wanted me to pay up front which I was upset due to her knowing my fix income situation and being a patient of hers for 12 years. Well I changed Vets , am now taking my dog to Fox Veterinary Clinic in Newington Connecticut. They are excellent , work with people on a fix income and are much lower cost. My Dog's new Vet found out through my dogs blood work that he was being given too much phenobarbital , they said the level he was taking was for serious seizures not mild ones. They informed me to cut down his medication , my dog is now only taking 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pill at night. He has been doing great. They also had me put him on a supplement called SamE to help his liver. Thanks to Fox Clinic my dog is healthier. East Haven Vetinerary Assoc. not only overly diagnosed my dog, I also realized that they don't care about the animals all they care about the money.
#720309

Wow! That's terrible that a Vet would be so reckless to prescribe such a dangerous overdose.

I would report this Vet to the state licensing board. She needs to be held accountable. Makes you wonder what other innocent animals and well meaning owners have been misdiagnosed and/or overly medicated causing serious damage or premature death. This Vet should should not be treating animals.

I feel for you and your little dog, don't stop with your complaint here. Now you need to pay for more frequently blood panel checks to monitor your dogs liver condition.

ID
East Haven, Connecticut

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article