Eagle Nest Homes, Canton, GA ripped me off for 5K

This happened some time ago, but after discovering this website, I thought it would be helpful for others to know about this company. EAGLE NEST HOMES of Canton, Georgia (near Atlanta) accepted a $5,000 "deposit" from me so I could build myself a home and become one of their distributors on the west coast. After finalizing my home plans and receiving my blue prints, I submitted them to my county for permitting. The county told me they required truss engineering from the truss manufacturers, so I called Eagle Nest Homes and let them know that was all I needed to proceed. They told me that I didn't need truss engineering and I already had all I needed to get the building permit. I went back to my county building department and told them what Eagle Nest had said. The county insisted that I still needed the truss engineering to proceed. I called Eagle Nest several more times over the next couple of months trying to get them to provide the truss engineering. They kept insisting that I didn't need that, and refused to provide it. I tried for many months to resolve this or get a refund. They refused to give me a refund as well. My property was on a small mountain which gets plenty of snow in the winter, so I was anxious to get a house built. I was living in a one bedroom single wide mobile with my wife and 4 kids at the time. I decided to hire a neighbor who was a builder, and had a house built from another plan. A few months into the construction of the other house, I suddenly and without notice, received the truss engineering from Eagle Nest Homes. I called them again and told them I had to build a different house because of their refusal to provide the necessary documents, and again asked for a refund. When they refused, I filed complaints against them. I later received a call from one of their execs who threatened to sue me if I made another complaint. This has been several years ago, but I just want people to beware.
ID
Burley, Idaho
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article