Dry cleaner ruined parts of 3, 3 piece Talbots women's suits

http://www.eandjcleaners.com/ E & J Drycleaners in St. Paul, MN Avoid at all costs. Being nice and congenial is great, but doesn't help with severely damaged clothing. I do not recommend them at all, go somewhere else. Based on the yelp reviews, I brought various parts of 3, 3 piece women's Talbot 's business suits in for cleaning prior to an interview and two more interviews in the following week. I was clear about not using high heat to press them since it produces a shiny effect on fabric. Only two pieces of the 5 that I brought in had spots, one very small spot on a skirt (smaller than a dime) and one with ketchup on a jacket sleeve. When I returned to pick up my clothing, I checked the pieces to see how they looked - thank God I did, before departing. All of the pieces looked like someone had poured a solution all over them in large amounts- at least a full quart or more. Even the young lady who waited on me was surprised to see the stains, as they were absolutely not there when I brought in my clothing. My $230 jackets and my $120 skirts - all with expensive alterations - are seriously and completely ruined. Replacement will be challenging and time consuming due to alterations - I am a petite, with broad shoulders and short legs. The cost to replace will be in excess of $1,000. All are quite new (less than 9 months) and since I reserve them only for important business events, rarely worn. Two of the jackets were barely used (less then 4 times each). They have re-run them several times so now they look like garage sale items, totally not wearable for business, and unacceptable. It turns out the solution poured on them, is dry cleaning solution. Someone poured it directly onto my clothes rather through the machine's dispenser. And at the worst possible time - job interviews pending!! Well when I returned to pick up after they re-ran the clothes 4-5 times to remove the stains they caused - I found that they do not stand behind their services; so now I will have to go the legal route. The owner actually had the gall to tell me that it was impossible that it was from their service - when I told him the young lady that waited on me said the stains were not there when I brought them in, and the young man that waited on me said that the damage was from the machines - that it looked like the solution was not added through the dispenser, but poured on the clothes directly; he said, "Oh, they don't know anything about the process". The owner would only offer to pay for another dry cleaner to try to fix the damage. Having another dry cleaner redo them will not return the color of the jackets to the color they were, pre-E & J damage. Now the jackets look like old garage sale clothes. He smiled the whole time and said it was too bad it happened, but that he couldn't (wouldn't) do anything else. HORRIBLE QUALITY OF SERVICE - BUT WITH A SMILE! Don't go there.
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article