DVDSEA Reviews

Show reviews that mention
box dvd china quality seasons sets scam credit card discs
Filter review

Sons Of Anarchy Dvd Review

DVDSEA - Simple Review #1448213111
DVDSEA - Simple Review #1448213111
I ordered SOA Box set after the end of season 5 and luckily for me it arrived Christmas Eve. The discs came packaged in separate sleeves inside one box with a sliding lid, totally acceptable. The quality of the discs were perfect and it's been almost three years with multiple viewings. I have since bought seasons 1-7 and the first box with the 1-5 seasons have become my loaner to friends
Brampton, Ontario
Reason of review
Fast order processing

Sons Of Anarchy Review

I ordered the box set for Sons of Anarchy season 1-5. It was obviously not from the stores as it was all in just little sleeves but it was $60 for all 5 seasons and they all worked fine. No complaints here. Although after seeing reviews now I won't use the site again.
Moncton, New Brunswick

Online Order Review

I had placed a order with them. It never shipped and they gave me a run around and they said they would give me a refund well that was 2 years ago and I still havent gotten it. I have called and called and called and they still haven't 100$ down the drain. What a scam
Waltham, Massachusetts

Dvd Order Review

I ordered 1 complete set of the sons of anarchy on dvd and 1 complete set of season 6, and was charged for 2 complete sets of sons of anarchy dvd set, cannot get a hold of no one to speak with also it comes in subtitle, did not state this literally sucks I had gotten scammed and still have to pay 77.12 plus international shipping fees on my credit card I don't know what is going on with this place and wish they would take all this *** back and them pay all these fees a very disappointed and pissed off ex customer PLEASE HELP , I emailed also!!!!!!
Wallingford, Connecticut

Took 1 month(+) to get order

Ordered 3 box sets (Family guy, House and Supernatural). All were definitely bootleg. Many misspelled words on packaging, each disc played required you to turn off subtitles(every time you put another disc in)as well change your screens viewing format(1 disc would show well in 480P, another in 16:9, etc.) Some discs would not allow you to go directly to "disc menu" when you first loaded the disc in the player, you were forced to watch all of the advertisements/promo's for other movies and shows that were for sale on DVD somewhere. All in all, the price was one *** of a savings over U.S. retail, but only if you are just buying to watch them 100 times instead of paying for cable/Dish, not if you want a quality set for a "collection". Nice packaging though, even with the misspelled words on the box. For fun, give a friend a set with a bag of blunts and sit back and watch him/her try to figure out what the packaging is trying to describe about the show. :) just my opinion.;).
Winchester, Virginia

DVDSEA.com is a scam

My complaint is identical to the others already posted. I was searching for a good deal on a Sons of Anarchy DVD boxed set and came across their website. They claim to provide brand new merchandise sealed from the factory. After inspecting the product it is clearly counterfeit with misspellings all over the box along with scratches and smudges. They are shipped from china and have Chinese lettering all over the package. I had a feeling something was wrong when they only accepted Visa and asked for me to resubmit my credit card info again after processing my order. Word to the wise, avoid shopping at DVDSEA.com, stick to Amazon sellers.
Tampa, Florida

DVD SEA IS A SCAM!

I ordered and received two sets of series on DVD for a total of 44 discs. They were obviously cheap knock offs; the cases were covered in spelling errors and each disc was pitted, scratched or blemished. Many did not even play in numerous players. I didn't even know they shipped from China until I received a tracking number. Their site claims each series is the original factory sealed item and they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I now have been arguing with them for several weeks through emails to give me my refund. They offered to replace the damaged discs for free if I waited one to two months, or take a $20 refund. I told them I'm going to let the world know of their rip off site. I disputed the charge with my credit card fraud department and they are going to investigate this issue. I just wish there was a way somebody could shut these guys down for good to end this deceiving behavior! Beware of these sites and where your online purchases come from!

I'm really upset. I purchased a boxset here for $60 and it was not what I expected (the pink sleeves thing pissed me off) but I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back so I kept it.

I was going to play the DVD and it wouldn't work! I've called over 10 times and emailed them over 10 times and NOTHING. I don't know what to do. I'm a college student.

I saved up my money for that and I'm *** now.

:( If anyone figured out how to get their money back, please let me know. Should I speak to my credit card about it?

They are defiantly a scam. Exact same thing happened with me. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PIECES OF ***!

View more comments (1)

DVDSEA - questionable products

I purchased a box set of 3 seasons of Boardwalk Empire from DVDSEA and received what appears to be a bootlegged copy. The package was shipped from China and the box it came in which has pictures of the HBO and Boardwalk Empire logo is filled with misspellings (for example A TLANTIC CITY instead of ATLANTIC CITY) - my first clue. Upon opening the box I see that each DVD is in a PINK protective sleeve and the inside of the box is decorative gold paper with a flower pattern on it - not what one would expect from HBO. The DVD's are of poor quality, the legal statement at the opening of each DVD (telling you not to copy or distribute) is blurry and the show itself has a 'flat' quality to the video - definitely not a High Definition image as was the aired television show.

Ordered Sons of Anarchy season 6. Thought it (the website) was an american company but after reading reviews felt panicked about my purchase.

Received my package & discovered it was from China. When I started to watch the dvd's, it was obvious that it was recorded off TV (FX channel),although the quality is OK.

Could have been worse.

I purchased the US version of "The Killing", series two through DVDsea, as it is unavailable in Australia, and US distributors did not offer it in region 4.

Cost-wise, I paid almost $US 40.00 (including $11 postage) for the series. I bought series 1 locally for only AUS$25 a few weeks before (when US$ and AUS$ were almost at parity, so lets say $US25 as well). The recently released of Boardwalk Empire series 4 was $56 at the time, so this might indicate, by comparison, the DVDSea set to be quite cheap. Nowhere in Australia could I find a legitimate copy of Killing 2, or anywhere globally offering it in Region 4 format.

The parcel arrived less than 2 weeks after the order was placed. Not bad. The box declared in subheading that the "investigatino" returns (twice), and that the New York Post found the show fantastically "rieting". A couple of other sentences were missing words; I wouldn't like to venture what they might have been. The blurb on the back of the box was lifted entirely from the Wikipedia entry on The Killing (US) Season Two. As an obvious cut and paste, it was noticeably free of spelling errors.

The discs were placed in pink sleeves, loose in the box, but admittedly played just fine. Our only real concern was that the discs may not have been Region 4. As they were, and as we had not been able to purchase this series by conventional means, I'd have to say we were happy with it, all things considered.

I should add that if I could have found a region 4 copy easily I would not have used DVDsea, but I couldn't. As a consumer who obviously isn't regarded as always being right, my wants actively being not met, I have no qualms in buying from this bunch. Hilarious covers and all.

I find the quality very good. Yes they are bootlegged copies but u cannot tell the difference. Sound is really good

So glad I came across this site. I almost purchased Sons of Anarchy season 5, which isn't scheduled to be released until Aug or Sept.

So I've been wondering how this site could have it months before the release date.

Now I know. Thanks for the warning!

@PissedConsumer656923

Omg same situation I was just bout to order soa season 5 :eek

@PissedConsumer660834

did you receive your order? I just bought 1-5 SOA

This Company is in Hong Kong, China though you would never know it from their web-site. I called their number when the charge hit my credit card because it was a little more than the receipt I printed plus an international exchange fee.

My order came in a timely manner but it is clearly not what I thought I was getting. The English on the box is not correct and each DVD is in a little pink sleeve. I lost $70.00 0n this purchase and want to warn others not to use this Company. It says there is a 30 day money back guarantee, but the hassle in dealing with a foreign Country isn't worth the effort.

My purchase was a gift for someone, but I can't give them this boxed set of the Big Bang Theory, which is clearly a knock-off.

Hope no one else falls for the nice web-site and good reviews listed on their web-site. I should have done more research before ordering.

Thanks for the info, I almost purchased from them. I wondered why it was so much cheaper then anywhere else by twenty bucks!

I purchased a dvd set from them. Half of the dvd's wouldn't play, and it took 3 months to get a replacement.

I'm sure their customer service speaks english, since every time I expressed how angry I was their response was just "Thank you very much!" and stuff like that. Wish I had come across these comments before I ordered from them.

Its not even the cheap quality that concerns me about me Disney DVD set - the issue I have is that they all have Chinese print instead of English in the DVD menus, and they came in an array of languages - none of which are English.

View more comments (11)
Orlando, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article