Verified Reviewer

Royal runaround

Dutch Gardens - Royal runaround
I cannot believe the issues I am having with Dutch Garden inc. I ordered 6 plants last fall for this spring at a cost of $114.00+ NONE of them came up! I called, they said my guarantee period had expired and would not give me a new order or refund my money. But if I want to reorder and repay, they would give me a guarantee that has no expiration date. They did however offer me a paltry $20.00 credit memo. so, not willing to do business with them again, I decided to use up the $20.00 and be done with them. SO now I can't log into to account, I called (again) and they said I had 3 accounts with the same email address. Told me they would fix it. Now 2 days later, it's not fixed I've been hung up on twice. And it was like pulling teeth out of a duck just to get my account numbers,,, now there's only 2. So she tells me that I ordered from them on the 15th of May... I did not. I ordered replacements from 2 different companies

User's recommendation: dont' buy from them.

ID
Pros
  • Good products and prices
Cons
  • Horendous customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

They will not credit my account. They are making me take a credit and they do not have the items I neeed. I am forced to use it on items I don't need or want for my Rose garden.

Direct Gardening from whom I purchased the dead rose tree joined business with other two mentioned companies. They are using as an excuse to not refund my money back into my account.They are forcing me to use my money on items I don't need. They did respond and still are refusing to give me my money back.

User's recommendation: I should have listened to the reviews and not purchased from them to begin with.

Pompano Beach, Florida

Dutch Gardens' Bulbs Grow Only One Year

For the past 3 years I have ordered from the Dutch Gardens catalog. I have ordered bulbs that their pictures show produce beautiful bulbs such as tulips and daffodils. Each time they send my order, they also send several small bulbs for free as a bonus. I know how to plant bulbs - I use the correct chart, planting depth, fertilizer - everything. The first year, the tulips and the daffodils come up but the free bulbs don't. The second year - nothing. None of the bulbs that I have planted from Dutch Gardens has ever come up for a second Spring! I asked for a refund and they gave me a pittance but said that I hadn't contacted them in time. If you plant in the Fall, you won't know if your bulbs will come up for several months. From now on, I will just buy local bulbs at local stores and not purchase any bulbs or flowers through a catalog. This business seems to be a major rip-off and only takes up your money, your time digging and planting, and your hope for a beautiful garden - grrr. Thanks for listening.
Product
Dutch Gardens Plant
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Landscaping and Gardening Expert Talks

Lawn Care During Drought: How to Grow Lawns with Less Water?

Jun 8, 2022

How to care for your lawn in a drought? John Perry, a lawn expert, shares tips on effective lawn care with new water restrictions and explains how to preserve a green yard.

John Perry
John Perry

John Perry is President, CEO, and Founder of Greene County Fertilizer Company, Inc. and the author of the Lawncology educational series.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article