Dunn & Assocaites-FT Wayne, IN - BAD

In 2009 I was a patient at this Doctor's office. (Dunn and Associates 1910 Saint Joe Center Rd # 23 Fort Wayne, IN 46825) During the duration of the services they provided me, my insurance company changed and I was unaware of this change. I stopped seeing this Doctor at the end of 2009 because I no longer felt like he was helping me. I felt like I was given my 20 minutes and then get out. In April 2012, (THREE YEARS later) I was informed via email I owed money to this Doctor for services provided– Sept 2009 – Dec 2009 because my insurance company denied their bills. The employee who contacted me via email was quite uneducated (did not use proper grammar and was not professional). She proceeded to bluntly tell me this was my fault because my insurance company denied the coverage. In reality, it was the doctor's office fault for not informing me THREE YEARS ago that there was a problem with insurance. Of course insurance companies only allow a certain time frame for Doctor's to submit bills. My insurance allows up to one year. This office decided to inform me three years later; which now my insurance company will not cover the bills. IF they had any good business ethics, they would have contacted me during one of my many visits or even mailed me a noticed in 2009 or even 2010 so I could have taken care of the problem and not have been stuck with a large medical bill. Bottom line: Since their employee failed to perform their job responsibly by informing there was an issue – Three years later I am paying for the services in full (yes the doctor wouldn't even admit his office was in the wrong and at least give me a break on the cost). I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR'S OFFICE TO ANYONE – Along with my payment, I emailed this statement below. I received no response. How professional. I will submit payment in full via email. It is very professional how Dunn and Associates fails to inform their patients of billing issue at the time the service was provided. If the person in your position did their job correctly, and informed me properly 3 years ago, this would not be an issue today. It is good business ethics to make a patient responsible for an employee's mistake.

I am being screwed, because the billing person is not capable of her job.. I will never recommend this incompetent place to anyone..

I know that I informed these people of my insurance situation, when I made the appointment..

Otherwise I would have kept looking for a provider. I wish I had the original email I sent, before I called.

ID
College Station, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article