Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

Unnecessary testing; misdiagnosis

Took my pet there for an emergency visit. She could not stand or walk. The potential diagnosis I was given for my pet was completely WRONG! I was told that possibly my pet might need surgery and could have problems with the discs in her back and that I might want to see Blue Pearl (?????). By the next day she was 75% improved so I took her to the SPCA in St Pete and was told she had "vestibular syndrome" which is a nonthreatening condition and would resolve on its own. I had asked the vet at Dunedin Animal Medical Center if she could possibly have this condition and was told no. I cannot even imagine the costs I would have incurred had I followed his instructions. I am happy to say she is perfectly fine now. I have written DAMC numerous times in regards to the above and have not received as much as an apology.

I would like to report that this issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. Thank you Dunedin Animal Medical Center for working with me. I really appreciate it.

ID
Clearwater, Florida
Pros
  • Friendly staff
Cons
  • See complaint
Reason of review
Exams that were not necessary. Missed diagnosis because of inadequacy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article