Don't go to D-Town CrossFit

Update by user Jan 05, 2013

I would like to apologize for my previous post. As "Pissed Consumer" does not allow removal of a post, I would like to take a moment to amend the comment made below.

The anger that appears to be directed at D-Town (and more specifically at the owner) was misdirected. As an athlete, I was very disappointed when I was unable to workout. I was angry that I was hurt and I took that anger out on forums such as this.

D-Town CrossFit offered to "modify" workouts for me, although I was unable to do them because I was unable to participate in any sort of physical activity.

The gym has a great community, which would not be made possible without the owner, and my angst as written below has absolutely nothing to do with the gym and everything to do with my sadness that I cannot workout at the gym that I loved so much.

The gym did workout the financial situation with me, releasing me from paying my final month's fee, which was very kind of them.

I apologize to the gym and anyone who has read the post written below.

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2012
The gym is a great facility, the people are nice and most of the coaches are great. The owner is SO negative and she is money-hungry. I was a loyal member for months when I sustained an injury. My doctor said NO CrossFit until I had completely recovered. The gym owner decided she "knew better" than my DOCTOR and refused to pause my account. She charged me for months of membership when I couldn't even workout!! The place is not cheap either. There are a lot of great CrossFit gyms out there that work with their athletes... the coaches at D-town are great but because the owner has "ultimate say," myself and many others have left. Don't do it... look elsewhere.

ytj

ID
Boulder, Colorado
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article