Renters Scam

I am a Seattle-based renter. I verbally agreed to a lease term and conditions with Daniel Alhadeff of DSB Investments. Daniel told me the lease would last for one year and cost 1,145 per month. He said I needed to sign leasing paperwork online. I logged in to an online portal and began completing paperwork. The first form was a bunch of terms, which I was required to sign. The next forms contained additional language requiring more money and other terms that I had never agreed to. I logged out without completing the process. I called him the same day and he agreed that no lease was formed, but he refuses to return my deposit of $500. I researched the company online and it appears that DSB Investments has used this identical bait-and-switch process on multiple occasions to bind unsuspecting tenants to terms to which they otherwise would never have agreed. I believe that this pattern of conduct and the process itself amounts to fraud. It is my belief that DSB employs this unfair and deceptive bait-and-switch tactic specifically trap unsuspecting tenants into paying fees to which they never agreed. There is a long-list of online complaints against Daniele and DSB Investments. I have not heard from Daniel Alhadeff since and have not received my money back.
ID
Renton, Washington
Service
Dsb Investments Leasing
Cons
  • Pt leasing agent is a scammer
Reason of review
witholding money
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

A real estate industry expert, Ty Wilde, shares his insights on whether to buy or build a house, what to consider when dealing with real estate agents, home inspections, and what to think of when investing your money.

Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article