Ripped Off Customer

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker San Jose, California

Total Rip Off

Updated by user Mar 17, 2022

Since posting this review I have had absolutely no response whatsoever from this unethical contractor. I have filed a claim against them with the State Contractor's Licensing Board and I hope they lose their license for what they have done to me. I have been contacted...

Original review Feb 15, 2022
I hired Drummond and Sons Pools in early 2021 to build an above-ground pool (where a large deck used to be) at my property. They started work in June, 2021. When they poured the cement form for the pool, it was supposed to be rectangular as clearly reflected in the approved building plans. Instead, they poured a huge concrete shape that is basically a rectangle with two huge cement protrusions sticking out on two different sides. This form is basically in the air. These protrusions are glaringly obvious and impossible to disguise. The project came to a halt in August when I insisted that they correct this problem. Even though the admit their error, they refuse to fix it. They abandoned the project in September and I have been left with an enormous, half-built structure in my back yard that has rendered my entire backyard useless and off limits. And if that was not bad enough, their crew was like an invading army maurading over my property, crushing everything in their path. Irrigation lines, electrical fixtures, artificial turf, plants, trees, nothing was spared. Everything was trampled and destroyed. They left construction debris everywhere and mountains of dirt. My beloved dog died from eating nails and construction scraps carelessly left in my driveway. I cannot emphasize enough how irresponsible, infuriating, negligent, careless, and clueless this company is. Don't let this happen to you. Avoid them like the plague. For the record, they don't deserve one star, but this site requires a rating. If I could take the one star away, I would for sure.
Loss:

User's recommendation: Avoid Them Like the Plague!!!

Eric R Gcy

Dear Mary, First and foremost, I’d like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration you experienced with Drummond and Sons. We deeply value our clients’ feedback, whether it’s commendation or criticism, because it’s important for our ongoing growth and dedication to service excellence.

To provide clarity on the points you've mentioned: 1. **Adherence to Approved Plans**: While we always aim to stay true to initial plans, unforeseen challenges sometimes arise. This project was, in fact, built according to the approved plans. In your case, a 2-foot section designed for the cover mechanism became a focal concern.

Fully understanding your emphasis on aesthetic symmetry, we dedicated a tremendous amount of resources and time to find a solution, eventually finding one that eliminated this section. We had agreed to address all of your concerns and adjust the project to match all of your preferences, with the exception of your insistence that we add a deck between your pool and home. When we were hesitant to add such a significant item to the project at our own expense, you ended discussions completely, and that is when ties were permanently cut. 2.

**Property Care and Integrity**: We always strive to ensure minimal disruption and maintain the utmost care of your property. The extensive nature of this project necessitated the use of larger machinery and equipment, which, while ensuring precision, can momentarily cause a site to appear chaotic, especially during the excavation phase. It is our standard procedure to restore the site after these phases. The images you shared present a very well-built but incomplete pool.

The structure was crafted with the highest quality regarding aesthetic preparations and structural integrity. There are no cracks. This pool maintains precision within a 16th of an inch, and the pool has not moved in over a year. It is truly a reflection of our adherence to integrity and top-notch quality.

If we were allowed to finish the pool, the images of the completed project would reflect the thousands of beautiful pools we have completed, which include those at Daspools.com, which you have falsely claimed are not real. 3. **Communication and Responsiveness**: Open and frequent communication is a cornerstone of our operations. The intricate nature of this project, compounded by additional requests like the deck integration, did lead to periods of pause, but our commitment to consistent and clear communication remained throughout the project.

While we genuinely empathize with the delays you endured, I must stress that the assertions related to major deviations, significant damages, poor quality, poor communication, carelessness, and allegations of refusal to correct mistakes are simply not true or honest. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and pledge to use it as a valuable lesson in refining our processes. Our commitment is to ensure that every client feels valued, heard, and satisfied.

We will continue our relentless pursuit of excellence and hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in Drummond Pools in the future. Warm regards, Cody Drummond Partner Drummond Pools

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article