HAWAIIAN EYES

January 2008: Unlike the DCCA of Hawaii, who I supplied documentation to, the Department of Health and Human Services "Region 10", without documentation, finds that Dr. Au did violate the privacy act by charging me too much for copies of my records. But, Region 10 tells me they cannot proceed on the 6 other allegations 1. Along with saying I did not see as well with the new glasses, I said that the prescription that I was given was weaker than the one I had the previous 7, count them, seven years. Your office nor the DCCA responded to this charge. 2.The reason I asked Dr. Au to change the prescription was because the NEW one, I repeat, was weaker in one eye. This was the only alternative Dr. Au gave me other than accepting the weaker prescription. 3. The "Vision Certificate" Dr. Au provide, had no licsense number where it should have been and she did not sign it where it should have been signed. 4. Dr Au refused to give me photocopies of my records and did not give me a reason, per her offices policy, when I asked for them in her office. 5.Dr charged me 2.00 dollars per page, totaling 20.00 dollars, which I believe is exorbitant. 6.There are conflicting numbers on my records, that I would like explained. This, no one has addressed. And I doubt that my records were reviewed by an impartial optometrist, as any reasonable person would assume to be a part on what your office calls an investigation. 7. I was trespassed from Dr. Au's office for no other reason than asking for copies of my files, and in her response to the DCCA she says I was escorted out of her offices by mall security, which is a lie by a optometrist that pracitces deceit.

I have been also having problems with this Doctor's offices and their timeliness to bill and to put in the proper claims with the insurance providers. I have place a formal complaint with the BBB.

We were told that our out of pocket expenses were one amount and then when we were billed it was $300 more...

Unacceptable services.. Do not ever go to this Lens Crafters Doctors.

ID
Kaunakakai, Hawaii

About

Drs Au and Lau Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.drsauandlau.com/privacy-page.html
Summary

Drs Au and Lau is a portal of professional optometrists who are ready to help people to choose correctly the contact lenses and accessories to them in Oahu. It is obviously, that not all people can solve the vision problems with traditional glasses and eye surgery procedures. Sometimes contact lenses can be the only way out. To evaluate the health of the eyes, experts have a range of services provided 7 days a week. The group of optometrists offers One Sight program, for individuals in need. Other partners which take part in this charity program are River of Life Mission, IHS homeless shelter, Shriners Hospital, the Salvation Army, Goodwill.

Drs Au and Lau reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article