Cole C Qpd

Verified Buyer

Shady Business Practices

Drive Roadside - Shady Business Practices

If I could leave negative stars, I would. This hot afternoon on 5/27/24, my pregnant wife had a blowout on County Road 282 and contacted Driveroadside.com, the Austin, TX branch.

They quoted her an hour. The technician said he was close; they made eye contact as he drove right past her and never turned around. My wife contacted dispatch, and Anthony told her that she was not in the system and to dispute the charge. He offered no remedy or any other help.

However, she was charged $200. How can someone not be in the system, but their technician drives right by and gets charged? That's fraud/theft; no service was rendered. I will be contacting the BBB.

She was stranded for almost three hours before I could arrive. We called Leander Towing and they sent out Victor within an hour. He was awesome and very knowledgeable about places like Driveroadside.com. They are a dumpster fire of a company.

What if something had happened to my wife? How could you do that to a pregnant woman when the heat index is 100 degrees?

I am going to spread this to as many platforms as I can. Absolutely despicable.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Committed theft and fraud by taking money and providing no service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would never recommend this company

Videl O

Verified Buyer

Deceptive Pricing & Bad Experience All Around

Drive Roadside - Deceptive Pricing & Bad Experience All Around
Drive Roadside - Deceptive Pricing & Bad Experience All Around - Image 2
Drive Roadside - Deceptive Pricing & Bad Experience All Around - Image 3

To start the service is extremely vague about their pricing. They state price will be discussed after the fact and is dependent on what work is done on the payment page which is a bald-faced lie.

What you pre-approve is what you pay.

Second, they are vague on the services they offer. Some are more exact but when you just have an option labeled 'tire' one would assume all emergency tire care is covered under this, not it being a strict tire change and nothing else. From my own experience the service provider who arrived did not clarify this either.

From my experience back home if you call for a tire issue where the tire is too low to safely drive on they will arrive with a portable air-filler to fix that issue. Apparently, this is not a service this business offers and does not clarify if you are making an emergency contact on mobile, something I find notably disingenuous.

Especially so when the service provider who arrived told me he lost this tool on the beach the day before arrival and could not perform that service, implying that it was something they offered when it was not. Furthermore, as everything is automated until your service provider comes there is no one for you to ask for clarification if you are worried about it.

For that reason what should have cost me about $60 costed $189.

If you're getting something easily discernable like a tow then go for it, but I would not recommend them for tire trouble whatsoever. Also if you have issues with them good luck getting that sorted out.

____

As shown in the images below there is nothing clarifying that ONLY tire changes are performed under the tire option implying all emergency tire services are provided.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice service worker
Cons:
  • Deceptive pricing
  • Unlikely to get refund
  • Deceptive website

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

Cole C Qpd
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Shady Business Practices

If I could leave negative stars I would. This very hot afternoon 5/27/24 my pregnant wife had a blow out on county road 282 and contacted Driveroadside.com the Austin Tx branch.

They quoted her a hour. The technician said he was close they made eye contact as he drove right passed her and never turned around. My wife contacted dispatch and Anthony had told her that she was not in the system and to dispute the charge. Offered no remedy or any other help.

However she was charged $200. How is someone not in the system but their technician drives right by and gets charged? That is fraud/theft no service was rendered. I will be contacting the BBBShe was stranded almost 3hours before I could arrive.

We called Leander Towing and they sent out Victor within a hour. He was awesome and very knowledgeable about places like Driveroadside.com. They are a dumpster fire of a company. What if something wouldve happened to my wife?

How could you do that to a pregnant woman when the heat index is a 100 degrees?Iam going to spread this to as many platforms as I can. Absolutely Despicable..

User's recommendation: I would never use them again

Mattie W Zen

Refund me for no service was render to help me out

No one picked me up, so I had to call someone else to help me out. I was charged $255.00 without any help from the roadside assistance driver.

All the info needed was given to dispatch. I was texted asking if someone picked me up; to which I replied 'NO'. They could have just called my number to make sure everything was alright. My phone rang, I answered it, but no one responded.

This is a huge, blatant scam; I will report to BBB. Stop pulling these scams on people with serious problems who genuinely need help. This happened yesterday, Wednesday the 22nd, around 8:37pm. I didn't get home until 11:57pm.

I would like a refund because there was no service rendered to me at all. I had to call someone else to help me out.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Add more pros
Cons:
  • Add less cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never call this place

Stacey S Pbj

Tricky and dishonest

I tried to cancel the service after needing a battery jump. The driver insisted to still show up even though I had informed me someone from the parking lot was helping me.

I had no problem paying the less expensive cancellation fee. When the driver showed up he did nothing although took a photo of the battery jumper over my engine. Maybe that is where I went wrong. I was charged the full fee and didn't use the service.

Very frustrating! I felt he knew exactly what he was doing. Then he told me he wouldn't get paid..blah blah so I tipped him $10 feeling bad for calling him out and not ending up needing the service.

What a joke! Save yourselves the money and order a NOCO battery charger off of amazon for under $100.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Takes advantage of you
  • Tricky

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Watch these crooks!

Logan F Jxb

Verified Reviewer

Was charged for a service I never received

My card was charged a fee from this company that I did not receive. No one contacted me in regards to the fee and I have submitted multiple inquiries to no avail

Tiffany T Dxw

Verified Reviewer

I never even used them. They held $199, I canceled immediately and now we are almost 7 days in and still no refund.

I was going to use their service but a family member called back. So I canceled before they even found someone to help me. 7 days later and still havent refunded my $199.

Jose S Pnw

Verified Reviewer

Charge me cancellation fee when they canceled

I needed a jump start called them they received my credit card info and I saw at mobile app they received and in 80 minutes then I noticed another driver another 80 minutes then I received a phone call from them claiming that I should call my insurance company and stood me up. Then another driver appeared at the app later that day I told them its way too late and canceled cause they were never coming which they never the next day I get a cancellation fee

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: They are scams accept the job then do t show and claim that you are cancelled

John S Mjz

Very expensive

Needed a battery jump. They said $199 would be charged as a security fee, but not final price. Then they charged the entire$199 for simple jump.
Pros:
  • Effecient
Cons:
  • Misleading charges

User's recommendation: Buyer beware

Renee C Aby

Verified Reviewer

Never received service kept money

had flat at night did not have insurance roadside assist phone number googled allstateroadassist this site came up I thought it was Allstate and req assist. They stated 70 to 120 min lead time.

They asked for 165.00 so I thought ok my insurance must reimburse me.

Gave card # realized it was not my Ins co they called to confirm I needed help I told him no but the took money anyway. My insurance co helped me Tried to get money back and only pay cancellation fee 45.00 they say service was complete

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pro
Cons:
  • All bad

User's recommendation: Stay clear DO NOT USE

Emon Kxn

I wish I would have read this before I signed up to get a tow last night. Absolutely awful service!

If that's what you want to call it. I will not ever use them again, nor would I recommend using them! I sat along I-71 near Glencoe, KY last night for almost 2 hours, in the dark with my flashers on, waiting on a tow, then 20 minutes from arrival time I get a text stating "We apologize, but the original service provider can no longer handle your tow". I was absolutely infuriated!

Then a text stating "We are trying to locate the nearest provider to handle your tow".

I canceled the tow and contacted a REAL towing service from a garage and they had someone there within 15 minutes and even took me to the closest gas station and waited with me until my daughter came to get me. Drive Roadside is an absolute joke!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article