I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd and was scammed. Fake Business

Dream Gadgets Ltd - I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd and was scammed. Fake Business
On 12/22/14, I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd. for my daughter for Christmas. I paid for 2 day shipping. That evening, I received an email from PayPal credit indicating a Payment had been made to MikkyJosh Cosmetics and sent to Alexandria Bass (alex.bass072114@***.com). This was apparently a third party seller. I emailed Alex Bass asking that she send shipping information, as this was a gift fir Christmas. Her response was, "what". In additional correspondence, she indicated she had no idea what was going on, had recently given her PayPal information to someone else and surprisingly JUST GOTTEN A NEW PHONE and email address!!! As if. All information was reported for investigation

So you did ended up getting your money back?

ID
Reason of review
Never received item. Never received shipping info. Email address which received my payment stated she had no idea what was going on because she had given her pay pal info to someone else and because she had. "Jus got dis phone" - totally scammed
Loss

Fake Business

Laptop deal gone bad... I was suspicious at first because I couldn't find any reviews about this business online. But it was such a good deal and not found anywhere else so I took the chance. Then during the paypal processing it got even stranger. A personal PayPal account and gmail address was attached to the merchant account. So I searched the email in facebook and found the owner. She didn't appear to be an international business owner to say the least. Then I sent her a friend request and sent her an email to confirm my order was received. The next morning I found a refund issued from PayPal with no explanation. But just because I dodged the bullet on this one doesn't mean everyone else will. So I have filed this report to warn you to beware of this sketchy website and business. On further investigation, this is what I found: Domain Age: 35 Days The website lists an address in the U.K. that is really the website domain name server address. The U.S. address is fake. The phone number listed is not connected. Domain Name: DREAMGADGETSTORE.COM Registry Domain ID: 187956****_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com Registrar URL: [link removed] Date: 2014-10-09 04:41:55 Creation Date: 2014-10-09 08:41:54 Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-10-09 08:41:54 Registrar: TUCOWS, INC. Registrar IANA ID: 69 Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.416535**** Reseller: Ekm Systems Ltd Reseller: 0844 858 **** Registrant Name: John French Registrant Organization: _ Registrant Street: 7620 N El Dorado St Registrant City: Stockton Registrant State/Province: CA Registrant Postal Code: 95207 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +44.415233****

I was looking up more recent macbook models and found the cheapest price on this website by about $400! However, I was immediately seeing red flags when the contact information was in "Lancashire" and the About me section listed a Kentucky address. I guess it was too good to be true, glad I looked up this company and saw these negative reviews of this shady company.

I completely agree with this post. I too ordered from thus company and was completely screwed over.

Their scam left me without a Christmas gift for my daughter. Dream gadgets, Ltd., MikkyJosh Cosmetics and Alexandria Bass (alex.bass072114@***.com) are all participants in this scam. I received emails from Alex Bass claiming everything from her "giving her PayPal information to someone else, to just getting a new phone". All entities, email addresses, URL addresses, Facebook information, website information, etc.

Has been turned over and is being investigated by multiple sources. Don't do business with any of the above mentioned.

@PissedConsumer923883

Did you also end up getting your money back in the end of it all?

View more comments (2)
ID
Cons
  • Straight up fraud
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Avoid this business

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article