Chris from Dr. Plummer Needs To See A Doctor!

Chris showed up to my home smelling like marijuana, but why wife said it might be cigarettes so don't overreact. He took a whole to "diagnose" the "problems". When I asked a question of clarity he said, "Am I the expert or are you?" When I addressed his comment he tried to clean and clarify, but he had complete lost my business. He fumbled around trying to explain how he was giving me a deal, and as a former math teacher he was attempting to rip me off! His business can't last! I'm out $200, but could have been out $2000. Even if you are in an emergency situation do not call this guy. Someone asked for his address. The invoice he gave said its 109 River Pointe Lawrence MA. I'm not sure if that's true because on the phone he told me his business was in Lawrence.
Service
Dr Plumber Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

Dr. Plumber, Comfort Doctor's Plumbing, Chris D. BEWARE!!!

What a scam this guy has been operating for years. I had the unfortunate luck to have found him online and called him to come out in an emergency. What a mistake that was. He quoted me $465 for the first two hours to diagnose the problem. He said I had a collapsed main sewer pipe and that he could could start fixing it that night for $21,799!!! He was angry when I wanted to get another opinion and proceed to charge my credit card an additional $930!!! A total of $1,395 to just come out and offer to rip me off further. Watch out for this one.

I question your giving this guy---or any contractor---your credit card number. I have never known a reputable contractor to do this.

They can either do or not do the work but I always have had them give me a bill and I then send a check to pay it.

Make sure you dispute the bill, however. This is how we learn.

@Dona Yja

Bob, Chris would only come out if I gave him my cc number so that HE wouldn't be ripped off the $465 for coming out. I wasn't comfortable with it and now I know why.

Expensive lesson.

I called at 7pm on a Monday night because I had already left a message with my regular plumber and hadn't heard back from him by that time. I went online and his Dr. Plumber ad came up with 24 hr service and I fell for it.

I thought it was a legitimate business.

I am disputing this with my cc but Chris is arguing that I agreed to pay him $930.00 over the phone just to come out, as if $465 wasn't bad enough. He proceeded to try to scam me into hiring him to start digging up my yard that night for $22,000! Seriously?

Thankfully my regular plumber finally called me back and when I explained what was going on he came right over and fixed the clog for $250.00. I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't. Chris was trying to scare me and my tenants (It's duplex with a rental) His ethics are severely questionable. I can't believe he has been getting away with this for years.

His attitude was smug. I'm just putting it out there so others will beware. $930.00 just to come out and an additional $465.00 for travel. Ridiculous.

It's his word against mine with the cc, but hopefully they will see through all this.

Maybe someone will follow up on this guy someday. I've been trying.

@PissedConsumer1116912

I had a similar problem with this guy Chris DiZazzo except it was air conditioning work.. does anyone have an accurate address for this guy ? I am trying to take him to small claims court..

Thanks Jack K

View more comments (2)
Blackstone, Massachusetts
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Dr. Plumber in Lawrence, MA Charged $800.00 per hour labor and did job without my authorization

Dr. Plumber looked at my heating system and performed repairs on it without telling me what they were going to do or how much it would cost. Charged $800.00 for 1 hour or less of work, and a total of nearly $1,300.00 to install 3 small parts, some of which probably were not needed. Lied and said there was a major gas leak and for that reason my permission was not necessary and that they "by law had to make the repair". There was no gas leak, I am down there every day and I would have smelled it. They would not even give me receipts for the parts they installed. Also, when I wrote negative reviews about them in Yellowpages, they somehow got them removed in less than 24 hours, and a good 10 or 15 positive reviews showed up in their place. Strangely, all of the customers leaving positive reviews for Dr. Plumber made all the same gramatical and spelling errors. What a coincidence.

Same thing happened to me in October 2015. I can't believe this guy is still in business. He tried to take me for almost $22,000!!!!

:( My issue with Doctor Plumber is he worked on a 60 year old Niagara furnace that had a lit pilot and the fan worked fine...I thought he would replace a part and it was going to cost me something reasonable like around $250... I was shocked when the bill totaled $2,372.88!!!!

So I refused to pay it! This is clearly a scam!

I also complained on Yelp.com. If enough people get ripped off, we can all get a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit seeking tripple damages. There is a guy on Yelp they ripped off too.

@PissedConsumer373454

If you want to do that you might only have 4 years or less. I don't think I can anymore. You more recently ripped off people should get together though.

I had dr. plumber fix my heater, he charged 500.00 parts 500.00 labor for two hours work.

They overcharge. A plumber should get 60.00- hour tops, not 250.00.

but it was my heater I was desperate, never again. I want to report them.

View more comments (4)
Brockton, Massachusetts

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article