Dr, Kenneth Lown did not care

I have been referred to Dr. Kenneth Lown by my family doctor, after having severe rectal pains for a considerable period. Dr. Lown did not see me directly to determine the cause of the pains, the nurse at his office listened to my complaints and had me signed up for a colonoscopy. Just before the colonoscopy, I tried to explain what my problems were, Dr. Lown was not very attentive and he said that he will look around during inspection and talk to me after the procedure. During the colonoscopy, despite already having severe pains, and indicating him that I was not sufficiently sedated, he continued inserting the endoscope, while yelling and screaming he finished his routine inspection. After the procedure, when he came over to explain what was wrong, he said there was nothing wrong and œeven though he did not look for it, there were no visible fissures. Again he was totally oblivious to my symptoms, he did not listen. He just prescribed a pill. The pill did not work whatsoever, my pains continued, when I called his office the nurse told me to stay on this pill for at least 4 weeks. The pain being extremely unbearable rendering me totally incapacitated, I had very difficult time to work, to walk, to drive to function in general, spending evenings and weekends laying down. One Sunday, pain being so excruciating my wife drove me to ER, at that time they had hard time to calm me down and bring the pain under control. The ER called Dr. Lown for direction, he prescribed an ointment. Neither the pill nor the ointment did not help whatsoever, after staying on this prescription and having no results, I called his office, again the nurse gave the advice of sitting down in warm water, continue taking the pills and use the ointment etc. When I told her that it was not working and the pain was so bad I ended up in ER, her response was to follow their directions for 4 weeks and if the pain is too severe go to the ER. When I tried again to get some help, I asked if surgery is the answer, his office recommended to call another doctor. Whom listened to my symptoms, looked at the problem and advised surgery immediately the same day. It was a fissure and he simply fixed it and I am fine, back to normal. So there was no need for all the theatricals and all the pain and suffering. If Dr. Lown had taken the time to listen and look for the cause instead of going thru the motions of collecting his fee for a colonoscopy, plus if he had called me back in to his office to take a closer look after ending up in ER, and dealing with his patients instead of having the nurse to make decisions, and make overly simplified recommendations, I would not have the pain and suffering for several months. Simply stated, he did not care or believe the seriousness of my pains. If you can avoid him, do yourself a big favor and don't bother consulting him. The only thing he is good for is to check every box on his insurance forms so he can collect from the insurance company.
ID
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article