Dr Hvac Mechanical Reviews

Show reviews that mention
brandon brandon mccollom mccollom money week warranty labor deposit calls thief
Filter review

Dr havac

what do i think of Dr Hvac? i think they are a load of ***, from the first day they installed my ductless heat and air we had nothing but problems. especially the air conditioning factor constantly freezing up. three different tech guys came out on multiple occasions, but none of them knew what the other was doing. each one had different explanations and problems but none were the answer to fixing the problem. now we are told the labor warranty is up and its 102$ an hour to fix a problem they NEVER fixed to begin with. so now we are stuck with a 4,000$ paper weight. if you are thinking about going with this company i strongly suggest finding someone else maybe you will end up with a product that works all they care about is taking the money not installing a good working product.
Mcminnville, Oregon
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Dr. HVAC Mechanical Brandon McCollom

Brandon installed a new Rheem A/C system and less than 2 years later evaportator coils are starting to go bad...He claims to be a authorized dealer. We called him and he never came out on a day with temps in the 105. He doesn't answer his phone and doesn't have the courtsey to return my phone calls...I would never hire this man again..He has changed his phone number also to 817-302-****. I trully believe that a contractor should stand behind the product they are selling. I waisted a whole day waiting on him to show....excuse after excuse
Dallas, Texas

Dr. HVAC - STILL a liar and a thief!

Update by user Jun 14, 2012

After filing in small claims court, he offered me a refund... Minus $1000 in restocking fees!

Ridiculous! I was awarded a judgment in SCC, which he has yet to pay or even respond to.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2012
Brandon McCollom (Dr. HVAC) is a SCAM ARTIST and I've been taken. I hired him without doing a thorough enough search to install a completely new heating and air conditioning system in my older home. The total project cost was supposed to be approximately $4,500, but after he took his 60% deposit he stopped responding to phone calls and e-mails. He finally did respond once I had the local sheriff contact him, and I asked for my money back. He said he would, then proceeded to never return another phone call. After filing in small claims court, I fully expect to get a judgement against him which he will never pay. Lesson learned - I hope you're not checking this forum too late!
Killeen, Texas
Loss

DR HVAC MECHANICAL (LAIR & THIEF)

Brandon, the owner, meet up with me to give me a quote on two new systems for a duplex. I wrote him the deposit for the job, $4,600, and he stated it would take him a week and half to complete. Here we are 2 months later and he has done about a days worth of work. He wont return any of my calls and hasn't been to the job in more than a month. He is a THIEF and a LAIR. Do yourself a favor and hire someone reputable and honest. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!
Grand Prairie, Texas

Buyer beware drhvacmechanical@***.com Dr HVAC Mechanical brandon mccollom

Buyer beware drhvacmechanical@***.com Dr HVAC Mechanical brandon mccollom www.drhvacheatingandcooling.com/ 817-507-**** See the BBB rating of an F, he does not give his address. He works out of his truck and has questionable practices. http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/business-reviews/air-conditioning-contractors-and-systems/dr-hvac-mechanical-in-benbrook-tx-19193****/ We agreed to hire his to change out an outside unit, and remove the inside unit and clean it. We agreed on a price and he know we were in a bind but he was going to take care of it in three days. Late the night before he did the work, he sent an email in the night saying that the price was $200 more. He then went to change out the unit and then refused to remove and clean the inside unit but he wanted the same money. I refused to pay him until the cleaned the inside unit. Almost a week later he said he did that. He then refused to give me and invoice, the warranty papers for the unit he installed and the warranty he stated that he gives on labor. He threatened me many times over but never provided the paperwork he then shows up late at night and removed the unit. So instead of providing the paperwork and getting paid he choose to remove the unit...you decide

Your rating: Sign in to rate Liked: Disliked: Edit - Delete Your review has been deleted. Undo

Fat ‎ - Dec 18, 2011

Brandon, the owner, met up with me to give me a quote on two new systems for a duplex. I wrote him the deposit for the job, $4600, and he stated it would take him a week and half to complete. Here we are 2 months later and he has done about a days worth of work. He wont return any of my calls and hasn't been to the job in more than a month. He is a THIEF and a LAIR. Do yourself a favor and hire someone reputable and honest. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!

0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes - No- Flag as inappropriate

Response from the owner Flag as inappropriateDr HVAC Mechanical Heating - Verified owner

honestly ‎ - Jul 14, 2011

Did not honor written contract to check their new ac unit in spring or their one year workmanship warranty (leaks water,air,noisy,hung bad,bangs loud). BBB FW complaint not responded. Had to spend $$$ to fix to avoid further damage, waste. Simply dont pay in full upon completion as you will face issues like I did.

1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review

The original agreement was for a cash transaction. The evening prior, we were asked in regards to accepting Credit cards, in which it was informed tax would be added,equaling approximately $200.

Unit was installed and working great. Informed of coil condition being acceptable. Demands Were made to remove and clean. Returned day after to complete in full. Pictures Were taken and sent. Invoice via email. No response.... No response... Day 6 drove to home to collect. No response.. Day 7, demands made to recieve owner's manual, W-9, and invoice. I advised When payment recieved, packet to be released. Client would Not pay because He didnt have the booklet (downloaded from the internet), W-9 (stating He hasn't paid squat),and invoice(sent 3 times prior).

Called on Thanksgiving to boast He wasn't paying and Nothing could be done. Local law enforcement was contacted, with their assistance, unit was reposessed Thanksgiving evening.

Have a great deal on 4ton 13 SEER Condenser

Dr HVAC Mechanical 817-507-****

View more comments (1)
Little Elm, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article