Dr Edward DeBellis..stay away from him!

Made an appointment with him and told him i was on medication and wanted to see him to put me on different medication. He says ok and schedules the appointment. Then you get there and right off the bat I tell him again I am there for a new prescription. He questions me for the length of the appointment and at the end then tells me he DOESNT PRESCRIBE meds...he only does counseling. I was livid and wrote him a letter stating I do not want to pay his bill. He wrote back a very unprofessional letter to which I responded and sent him a check for $50 and said that this is for his time as he wasted my time. He purposely knew what I was there for and purposely did not tell me till the end of the appointment. He did the same thing to friends of mine. This man is only looking to make a buck. He is a horrible person with no feelings. He then cashed my check for $50 and when I didnt hear back I assumed he accepted the $50 payment and blew off the rest of the charge. But what this coward did was instead of sending me another bill..he sent it right over to a collection agency. This guy is a real ***.

It's best to research your doctor beforehand. It states directly on Dr. DeBellis' website that he does not prescribe medication.

This man called for help with anger management. He said that he was on medication that was not helping and wanted to try psychotherapy.

He paid $50 towards the fee for his initial evaluation and asked that I bill his insurance for the balance. When the claim was denied (he had not met his deductible) I asked him to pay his balance. That is when he filed his "complaint".

Obviously, I would not tell a caller that I prescibe medication when I do not. I am a Psychologist and this man knew that when he called because he was referred by one of my clients.

I think you wanted a psychiatrist. They can give you meds. Not your fault you know know how to use a dictionary....

View more comments (2)
ID
Mundelein, Illinois

About

Dr Edward DeBellis Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.debellistherapy.com/PrivacyPolicy.en.html
Summary

Dr Edward DeBellis is a psychotherapist who works with individuals, families and couples. He is a certified doctor who has received a number of awards in the activity area. The service list includes personality and eating disorders treatment, depression and anxiety, panic attacks and phobias treatment, stress and pain management, medical and health concerns, conflict resolution, anger management, sexual and relationship problems settlement and a wide range of other services mentioned on the official site of Dr Edward DeBellis. The office is open for consultations and appointments 6 days a week, from Monday to Saturday. The rates for the provided services are $150 per 50 minutes or id discussed with the insurance company of the patient. The office is located in Barrington, Illinois and accepts all the major payment terms.

Dr Edward DeBellis reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article