I am extremely dissatisfied

I do not like his billing practices and how he handles dental insurance. First, I must state that I am a retired Dentist for 30 years in NJ. I have never seen anyone bill in the manner he bills. I am not speaking of the expense. I feel he has violated a few laws. I inquired with his office and got a runaround. First, I had a crown done and he billed the crown with the proper ADA code and then billed me $100. extra for a Cerec fee. That is to fabricate a crown in his office with a Cerec machine. Now in all my years of practice I am of the belief that fee should be part of the crown fabrication and included. Whether it is fabricated in the office or have an outside lab fabricate as is customary. Also, there is no ADA code for Cerec, so in fact my dental insurance can't cover the Cerec fee. I pay dearly for dental insurance and feel the fee should be includsive with the crown. I argued with his office and office manager. I was told by the office manager "this is how they do it." I also asked for some professional courtesy as a retired dentist for 30 years. The office manager stated to me, "due to the fact that I have dental insurance that I am not entitled to any courtesy." In effect, they are establishing a DOUBLE FEE STRUCTURE, one for patients with insurance and one for patients with no insurance. This is ILLEGAL, what you charge one patient for a procedure, you must charge all patients the same for that procedure. Those with insurance pay more ! Also, I paid my dental bill in full of $1948. Yet their office processed my insurance with assignment of benefits which meant the insurance pays to the Dentist office and not myself. I had to request a check back in amount of refund from insurance which took considerable time. Also, after arguing and explaining case law they refunded to me the $100. of Cerec fee. I would be happy to explain the case law but not necessary for me posting my opinion on this site. If interested please refer to NJ State Board of Dentistry vs. DR. Melvin Feiler . I believe he did a professional job fabricating the crown on me. I just didn't like him or his business practice.

User's recommendation: I would not reccommend him to be your dentist. I say, Run, Run, Run ! After that visit I had no intention of returning or having him as my dentist. I am also of the opinion that I feel his fees are somewhat excessive, and there were additional ancillary fees with this treatment.

ID
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article