Thank you Dr. Samadi you saved my life!

I wanted to post an update and let everyone know that I can't say enough nice things about how great Dr. Samadi has taken care of me. He always returns my calls and emails and he follows up with genuine care and concern. Dr. Samadi saved my life 2 years ago with his special robotic and medical skills and I have been back to normal routine, working out and runnig right a way and with running my business. Just as important to mention is his wonderful office staff and his Lenox Hill team and special wing for his patientsI So for anyone as world renowned and busy as Dr. Samadi is to take the time to return your calls and emails is truly amazing. He is a wonderful caring person who happens to be the best there is anywhere. Did I mention a good sense of humor? Haha. Consider yourself lucky if you find Dr. Samadi he can save your life too. Good health to all.!
Reason of review
Quality professional care and treatment that was a life saver. Thank you Dr. Samadi!

Verified Reviewer

Some more of my story

Here is some more of my story. I believe my case has been pretty ordinary. My PSA increased year by year and in 2011 reached 4.05. Then Dr.Scionti at NYU Medical Center performed a biopsy and in 4 pieces of 14 there was adenocarcinoma with a Gleason score 6-7. Dr.Scionti avaluated my prostate cancer as a moderate risk and recommended cryotherapy which is his specialty. I decided no reason to prolong the story and opted for a surgery. Then I went to so much advertised Dr.Samadi at Mount Sinai Medical Center, and you know the rest of the story. The significant part in my decision made reviews on rateMd.com and vitals.com. That time I did not know they remove negative reviews, and because of that a patient cannot evaluate real advantages and disadvantages. My PSA now is 0, and my only problem is incontinence. I read articles online and hoped that my condition is a matter of time. In a year after the surgery Dr.Samadi did a cystoscopy on me and said as a side affect of the surgery there is a scar which does not let a sphincter to shut completely. He suggested a clamp, I use a rubber band along with a paper towel. Now I try to make people involved in the same decision making be aware of my experience
Brooklyn, New York
Bad quality

Verified Reviewer

Incontinence after Dr.Samadi surgery

Update by user Feb 16, 2016

Here is some more of my story. I believe my case has been pretty ordinary.

He suggested a clamp, I use a rubber band along with a paper towel. Now I try to make people involved in the same decision making be aware of my experience.

Recently I've heard on WABC radio(Saturday 9pm) Curtis Sliwa advertises Radiosurgery, he regrets he had the robotic prostate surgery, he has problems in the bathroom and with sex.

Original review posted by user May 12, 2015
At the time when I searched for a surgeon to perform a prostate surgery I read an article in The Daily News about the radio talk show host and Guardian Angels leader Curtis Sliwa. His case was very complicated because he has been wounded many times in the abdomen, and Dr.Samadi performed the surgery on him, and he got back to work in 3 days. I had my surgery in October 2011, here are some of my notes:1. Before surgery, when IV has been installed on my left arm, the hair was not shaved of my arm, and before discharge the nurse had a problem removing a tube with a lot of tapes from the arm. It was painful.2. After surgery, I felt pain but I thought it is usual and did not complain. However in the night my blood pressure showed over 180, I asked to give me Atenolol which was prescribed by my cardiologist for emergency. When I got home I started taking Tylenol, my blood pressure remained normal and I slept pretty much. I believe Tylenol should always be given to patents after surgery. I appreciate Dr.Samadi's care of my wife arranging a bed for her to stay with me over the night.3. In Post Operative Instructions for Robotic Radical Prostatectomy in the section Catheter Care, should be added: For catheter removal appointment, bring briefs and Mans Guard pad with you.4.Since then I'm leaking with no hope for a normal life. In the article at webmd.com: There were lower rates of incontinence and erectile dysfunction with open surgery. The overall rate was 4.7% for laparoscopic surgery and 2.1% for open surgery. Ive got in 4.7% unlucky patients. I cannot go away from home more than 5 blocks, Mans guard gets full in minutes, I even use paper towels in addition. I have to stay close to facilities or, in the darkness, find a place between houses and be on alert, in a while I get stinky. Also I have unpleasant time standing on a line at the store where people watch me holding packs of pads. I read reviews on RateMDs.com, all of the former patients of Dr.Samadi are happy, they do not have incontinence after the catheter removed. Was my case(condition) exceptional? I've never been aware of that, Dr.Samadi told me that my cancer was local, no metastasis. At the appointment before the surgery, Dr.Samadi told me he will perform a surgery himself. I have very strong belief that one of Dr.Samadi's residents practiced on me. You cannot know certainly when you are unconscious under anesthesia. Does Curtis Sliwa have the same problem having so many injuries? How does he run his talk show for many hours? On vitals.com this review has been removed 5 times, I am posting it the sixth time. By the way there are ratings 2 and 1 but none of the negative reviews show.
Brooklyn, New York
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article