Just to clear up a few matters. . . . . .

Hello, let me introduce myself. I am the so called "HOSTILE EX/VINDICTIVE EX" that Joseph Mangano, Jessica Rich, and Peggy Sue are referring to in their posts. Since I have been accused of things in Downtown Horse and Carriage's and Peggy Sue's previous posts, let me take this opportunity to clear up a few things. First, I am not hostile or vindictive at all. In fact, I am very grateful that my kids and myself are no longer around Joseph Mangano. We have a fabulous life and are very happy now without Joseph Mangano. To JaredK1 and Ericarken in the previous posts, I am very sorry you got taken advantage of, but I applaud you for coming forward and sharing your experiences about this company. Joseph Mangano and Jessica Rich claim that "none of the reviews and comments are real" and they claim they are obtaining the IP address for the poster. They even go so far as to accuse me of having something to do with the negative reviews. First, let me assure everyone that I had nothing to do with the bad reviews as I am accused of and that these negative reviews came from REAL pissed off customers. Instead of taking responsibility of their actions and trying to resolve problems with unhappy customers, Joseph Mangano and Jessica Rich rather use me as the scape goat to try to explain away the bad reviews. Also, in their previous post, Downtown Horse and Carriage claims they have honest reviews that can be acquired through them. The obvious question is, "If a potential client is looking for an honest, unbias opinion of a company, why would they go through that company for a review?" Would the company really share a bad review with a potential client? Just saying! Joseph Mangano and Jessica Rich are threatening a defamation lawsuit against me. However, by them posting lies about me and accusing me of things as they did in their previous post, they are opening themselves up to a defamation lawsuit. In this day and age, it is very easy to look information up such as criminal records, court records, driving records, public records and so on. I think its important before anyone does any business with ANY company that they do a quick background check of the principals of that company just to see who they are really dealing with. And, like I said this goes for any business. That is just my opinion!
ID
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

SCAM Downtown Horse & Carriage Service. LOOK OUT!

My wife and I reserved a company called 'Downtown Horse & Carriage' for our wedding this past Feb. The man who worked with us was named 'Joe Mangano'. We paid him $300 up front to reserve his horse and carriage for our event. As time went on we never heard from him and the wedding was getting close. We called and found out that he stole our money along with his other clients money and left his wife. We were also informed that he had just received a DUI while driving his carriage from the local police dept. We lost our money and this man laughed in our faces. Thank god another horse company came on the day of our wedding, since JOE screwed us. The other companies we called said JOE did this to them to and will never work with him again. I am writing you to warn you , NEVER USE Joe Mangano or 'downtown horse and carriage. Now, he may change his company name one day, but I think he will keep his name. Joe Mangano. Oh another gem to this story, his wife and he were in the biz together and he left her for his 16 year old assistant and stole their equipment! Sigh, of course this was the guy we had to choose first. Here is their website to make sure you know who these frauds are! http://www.downtownhorseandcarriage.com/

Scapegoat? I think not! That's not nice!

I meant to post this as a comment, not a new review so I am posting it again under the comment section in order to clear up a few things.

Joseph Mangano and Jessica Rich claim that "none of the reviews and comments are real" and they claim they are obtaining the IP address for the poster;. They even go so far as to accuse me of having something to do with the negative reviews. First, let me assure everyone that I had nothing to do with the bad reviews as I am accused of and that these negative reviews came from REAL pissed off customers. Instead of taking responsibility of their actions and trying to resolve problems with unhappy customers, Joseph Mangano and Jessica Rich rather use me as the scape goat to try to explain away the bad reviews.

In this day and age, it is very easy to look information up such as criminal records, court records, driving records, public records, and so on. I think its important before anyone does any business with ANY company that they do a quick background check of the principals of that company just to see who they are really dealing with. And, like I said this goes for any business. That is just my opinion!

None of the reviews and comments are real. Joe recently went through a breakup and there are some hostile feelings.

We have sent a subpoena to Pissed Consumer to acquire ip addresses from the poster. It will be added to the defamation case already pending. As far as reviews and references are concerned, we have permission from other carriage companies for potential clients to contact them for a review, A few of them actually send us business.

We also have several current and past clients willing to provide honest reviews, the information can be acquired through us, one of which is the talent agent that books us for Universal Studios. You can find our contact information on our website, linked above.

These people also scammed me. I did work for universal studios and planned an event for months.

these people took our money and never came. please check with other carriage companies. many of them have been burned by joe and his 'business'. We were burned bad by these people and had to get something at the last minute for double the price.

sigh. STAY FAR AWAY FROM 'DOWNTOWN HORSE AND CARRIAGE'

This isn't true. This is actually written by a vindictive Ex.

The "wife" was never a wife. The assistant isn't 16, but she appreciates the compliment!

LOL! So Untrue! :grin

View more comments (5)
ID
Orlando, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article