William H Vnu

Verified Reviewer

Very poor service.

No communication. Poorly built house. Once they have your money you are history. Kitchen cabinets very,very cheap. Counters, fridge ,stove large gaps . Vinyl flooring torn in spots. To much to list.. MAD is an understatement. Should have been delivered June, delivered Oct, now its end of April house still not finished..
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Lies

Preferred solution: House fixed properly.

User's recommendation: The first step is get a lawyer.. second step find someone else .

Chantell A

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker New Bern, North Carolina

Very unprofessional and is refusing to do their job

Down East Realty and Custom Homes - Very unprofessional and is refusing to do their job
If I could give this company a negative I definitely would! They where awesome until we signed our paperwork. We were told that as soon as the house hits the lot they had to be done in 30 days, that was a lie. We had to leave from our home being set to go fill out paperwork for our water tap. This process is new to my husband and I. The only thing they had to do was give them a check, my husband and I where told that they would be doing it the same day and they didnt pay it till 28 days later. Cameron was absolutely horrible to deal with! We finally had to deal with someone else in the office and the poor guy came in half way through. Cameron was absolutely unprofessional did not care at all after the paperwork was signed. I tried to email and call the owner of down east and no response, finally the owner son came to our house. He did get more done than the manager Cameron did in new bern. Cameron admitted to Brandon (Jeff Jones son) that he should have handled my husband and I a lot better. We had to deep clean our whole house there was mud everywhere, and again we where told from Cameron that they came in and deep cleaned before we move in. After my husband and I got done cleaning we took a shower and noticed *** in the bath tub. Well long store short it took 3 times for it to look ok. The second time we let the paint set for over 2 days. I took a shower and noticed that the paint was stinking on the bottom of my foot. I had to call R-Anell and spoke to the head guy Bob. He told me I was a lier and that, that did not happen. So they had to send another company. We payed to have our lot cleared and it was 5000! Which wouldnt be a problem if it was done right, we had to pay for someone to come back out and fix it. My husband and I had to miss so much work dealing with these people! Now after going though all that, to top it off now our floors are coming up! Nails coming through our walls, cracks in the ceiling. The trim which was promised to be fix wasnt fixed. We havent even been in our home for a year! And now they are saying that they will not fix it! We have mold underneath our house on the bottom of the floor. We had to have the North Carolina state inspector come out. He was very nice and helpful but he can only right things up that are not in code! PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE, if you want to save the headache, anxiety and heartache PLEASE stay away from these people! There houses are crap and these people could care less about you or your family! The flooring company came to finally fix the floor, took up the flooring and we have mold on sub floor. Brandon the owner would not answer any of my calls/text or emails. Finally I called on a different number and he answered. He was very rude and ended up hanging up on me. Now mind you we have animals and kids. They havent done anything to make it right, or safe for all of us. Now we have to pay for APR to come out and make it safe. This house turned a year old October 1st we should not be having the issues that we are having. And there are others that have reported issues. We should be enjoying our new house not having to worry about how these problems are going to get fixed! Everyone In down east is a joke and so our there homes. Please share so no one has to deal with this. I wouldnt wish going through this on anyone. PS. Just for anyone in the market for a modular. There is nothing you can do for poor craftsmanship. You end up getting stuck with it and by far Down East is absolutely the worst. No going through this we hear it from numerous sources that they are nothing but trouble.
Cons:
  • Everything about the business

User's recommendation: Please do not put your self through the troubles it’s not just my family they have done wrong it’s been many others.

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

To help every potential homeowner find answers to their most important real estate questions, we’ve invited Ty Wilde Realtor & New Home Construction Specialist. In this video interview, we asked Ty to share his vast experience and give expert advice on whether to build a house or buy a house, what’s the best time to buy a house, what to consider during the house inspection, and more.

Read full article