Dover Downs Hotel And Casino Reviews

Show reviews that mention
casino people laugh food lady dover downs hotel dover employees downs
Filter review

Casino is going down hill fast

i have been going to this place for years, I always got free rooms and enjoyed my stay. I would come in on Sunday and leave on Tuesday, they had great places to eat, never left the property. NOW The food is not good, sugar factory is overpriced and not good if you can get in. Jerry Longos i had the spaghetti and meat ball the meatball was good, the spaghetti had very little sauce and no taste

User's recommendation: eat at one of the restaurant near the casino and change owners someone that knows how to run a casino.

Let the company propose a solution

Poor customer service

Visited casino to get free handbag or $25 free slot play. In order to get my prize i would have had to walk through entire casinto and the hotel. Can't do that as I am handicapped and can not walk that far. I feel cheated and very disappointed. What happened to good customer service.!
ID
#2200073 Review #2200073 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution

Been a loyal player for as long as you been a casino

My husband Joe Moose and I Nancy Moose have been coming to this casino for as long as you have been open,and have never ever had to pay for our food. We were there to celebrate our sons birthday who passed away 8 years ago we have been doing this for eight years you can check our records it really was a slap in the face that we had no comp meals we even used to book our stays with a host until they stopped that to. We don't like the new rules and new management and the machines are super tight everyone is talking about it you have to much competition around you we live in Maryland and always came here but we will go to ones closer to us that give us food comps.
ID
Cons
  • Stefan at the garden cafe
  • Lot of people smoke weed and also employees
  • Food comps

Management horse racing g cashiers

Someone we know name came in spread false rumors about me and husband and management and horse cashier's laugh and state at us stare at us we can't even have a good time at horses

PAULINA CHAVEZ

I went to play at Dover Downs Casino and this Young Lady is really nice and with excellent manners, I wish my daughter was like her she so sweet and I will go back again just because of her Congratulations!!! for have employees like that
Maynard, Massachusetts
Dover Downs Hotel And Casino Customer Care
Cons
  • Lot of people smoke weed and also employees
Good customer service

I am very upset about my last visit to your property

I was very displeased this past Friday when I checked in. I had requested a room close to the elevator due to a knee injury. I got there around 6 in the evening coming from Va. Beach. He gave me the very last room on the 4th floor 471. You can not tell me that other people didn't check in after me and got something close.Then on the floor I had been playing two machine that were empty for a while first this lady who wanted to get on it start calling me a stupid *** and all kind of names and all kind on profound names then she goes get a slot attendant who did not care to hear what I had to say. My friend was on his,way down from the room to play the other machine but your slot man says you got 5 minutes to get off iand in a very rude and disrespectful way. I didn't appreciate the treatment at all. I have encourage several many lots of people from Virginia to play at your casino and not at Harrington. Always speaking good about the services but lately I have not been please. Never have been asked or given an host. Try to get tickets for Morris Day shoe no luck. Feeling some type of way about your property now.
Dover, Delaware

Unprofessional

Stefan, young African American should never be in charge of anything! The was HAIR IN THE FOOD As we made a joke about Stefan (don’t know his last name...young African American *** being so dramatic about our findings, then only taking off that particular dish, copped an attitude when we’d already paid the bill and tipped the waitress because he felt some type way. He called security on us after he (who appeared be in charge), blatantly told us he didn’t have to listen to us and he wasn’t going to stand there AFTER he almost begged us to tell him what we were joking about because he liked to laugh. So, security shows up when now we are visibly upset at this persons complete unprofessional manner are told that we can’t talk like that to the staff. Ok, wait..we are the customers who had hair in their food and this *** basically said he didn’t care because he couldn’t find the humor should in NO WAY be in charge of anything wit his unprofessional attitude. He started an argument when their was none, then called security... Now, we’re explaining to security what happened and asked them to talk to the lady who took our bill, stating she understood our frustration. This behavior is totally unacceptable when people are spending their money at “your” establishment!
Dover Downs Hotel And Casino Customer Care
Cons
  • Stefan at the garden cafe
Loss
Price reduction

Short Review on April 02, 2017

Came in to cash football ticket. Harness cashier notified person in back. White guy with mustache and glasses. Waited 15min he never came out of office. Very unperfessional!

Owner

Be very careful whenever you are dealing with Ed Sutor of Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, Dover, Delaware. Not only have I been lied to and burned by him on several occasions, but so many others have as well. Ed Sutor is extremely deceitful and will look at you in the eye and lie to your face. Ed Sutor has been lying to to so many people for so long, he doesn't even know he is doing any more. There are too many corporations, contractors, employees, past friends and family members that have been screwed by Ed Sutor over the years to even bother counting. I wouldn't believe a word he say's and everyone that works at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino hates him and knows he's full of ***. Ed Sutor always surrounds himself by "Yes" men and women in order to feel important and to have someone pretend to laugh at his *** jokes. Ed Sutor likes to use the term "Straight Shooter" because he is the complete opposite. The only thing Ed Sutor cares about is himself and the buffet table. Don't ever believe a word Ed Sutor tells you, he's a natural born *** artist with no morals.

Agree on all of this Ed Sutor information. He recently hurt an entire group of employees and customers.

He will do what ever he can to protect his all white boys club including discriminating against employees and customers that don't fit the right profile for him.

Not sure how he stays in a power position in a public company that continues to lose money and fails to respond to changes in the market and consumer trends. He continues to make over $300,000 a year while people get laid off and the casino becomes run down.

After working closely with Ed Sutor in Atlantic City I can definitely say that he is NOT a "Straight Shooter" and NOT a "Good Guy". This is a something that would definitely be agreed upon by many others.

Hey Ed, it's me Jane... wink, wink.

I haven't heard your name in years. Although you kept me busy in Atlantic City, you stiffed me in the bedroom and with some of the cash that was owed to me from your clients... I realize a long time ago that I'll never see that money or your fat *** around my place.

You disappointed me in the bedroom and as a business partner. I'm better off without you.

Hey Ed, I see that you're still doing the same old, same old... You will never change...

I worked with Ed Sutor in Atlantic City and I can tell you he is not trustworthy or a straight shooter. Ed Sutor is one of the last people I would ever believe or trust with anything.

He can lie to your face while looking at you in the eye and then shake your hand afterwards. We had a lot of good liars in Atlantic City and Ed Sutor was on top of that list.

The only thing Ed Sutor did better at then lying and cheating, was eating. I can't believe someone gave him a Casino to run and operate, that's unbelievable...

DOVER, Del. — Ed Sutor, President and CEO of Dover Downs, Inc., has had a long lying career at the helm of Dover Downs Hotel & Casino.

Under his lies and mismanagement, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino has screwed workers and contractors in the Dover, Delaware area with several expansion projects, including the opening of the hotel with 232 rooms then known as Dover Downs Hotel & Conference Center, its expansion to 500 rooms in September 2007, and the opening of The Colonnade casino expansion in July 2008. The hotel is the largest *** establishment in the history of Delaware and has received the well known "AAA Ed Sutor Crooked Shooter Scam Rating" in consecutive years since 2003.

Sutor has led the company in several lying initiatives including scamming workers from the Atlantic City area to come and work at Dover Downs, in which Dover Downs Hotel & Casino promised these workers certain pay and compensations to move from Atlantic City and come to work at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, only to renege on all of his promises. – a Green Concierge Certification Program that he passed on to other people at the Casino to work on in order to make it look as though he cares about the environment. In 2006, Sutor had several of his "Yes Men and Women" spearhead a partnership with Seiberlich Trane to create and implement a company-wide energy savings plan and then took all of the credit (as usual).

Sutor was involved in the planning and initialization of Dover Downs Slots, opened in December 1995, as part of a management agreement with Caesars World Gaming Development Corporation, for whom Sutor worked and help set up high end *** for his clients. Sutor was pivotal in testing then approving these girls out first and remained in his role for Caesars until being hired by Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment in 1999.

From 1999 until 2007, Sutor was the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Dover Downs, Inc. In this capacity, Sutor had the responsibility for corporate oversight of all gaming and hotel operations, expansion and development. It was truly amazing how Sutor was able to take a lot of credit on this project while spending most of his time at the Casino buffet tables and Casino restaurants.

In April 2007, Sutor backed stabbed several key workers and was promoted to President and Chief Executive Officer of Dover Downs, Inc. after once again fooling the Board of Directors and began overseeing the operations of Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. Sutor’s role as the Governor-appointed Chairman of the Video Lottery Advisory Council since 2006 has been pivotal in accomplishing the passage of laws relating to expanded gaming hours, sports betting, table games, and continued evolution of Delaware’s gaming products in order to pad his bonuses and screw even more employees and contractors. He is currently working with the State to make Delaware’s iGaming product the first in the U.S. and will somehow find a way to scam even more money out of the state of Delaware for himself. Sutor somehow finds a way to locate State workers and officials that have no morals and will work behind closed doors with secret agendas.

Sutor had very little to do with the implementation of the successful boxing program, the adoption of the HERO Campaign, along with his small role in expansions, green initiatives and improvements in entertainment, dining and gaming options, that have been invaluable to the overall success of the company.

Ed Sutor makes "Nucky Thompson" of the 1920's to the 1940's in Atlantic City look like "Honest Ab". I'm extremely concerned with politicians and state officials that choose to work with Ed Sutor, as the back room money and back room deals will never truly be known to the people of the state.

No one let me down more than Ed Sutor from the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino. Ed Sutor is "NOT" a Straight Shooter.

The best way to describe Ed Sutor is to say he reminds me of a lying and deceiving Fat Baby Huey. He has that tall fat pear shape body with a very dumb baby Huey look to him as he lies and cheats you. Ed Sutor looks after Ed Sutor and morals have nothing to do with what he does on a daily basis.

Many people will be happy to see him go.

I'm one of many that was screwed by Ed Sutor from Dover Downs. I fell for his BS and "Yes" it's true that none of the employees at the Casino likes him or has any respect for him, other than his cronies and yes people that follow him around or go with him for one of his many lunch meetings during the day.

No one eats more in a day than Ed Sutor and now he's working on a project to bring a Casino in the Atlanta area. Everyone know that Ed Sutor used to be the guy that set up the high rollers with the *** in Atlantic City (after he got to try them) and now I can't believe they will let him do the same thing in the Atlanta area, he must have several greedy, greasy politicians working with him on this one.

He will bring very low paying jobs and screw everyone in the process, other than himself and his crooked political friends that help him out. Ed Sutor is ***

Many of us were lured away from our jobs in Atlantic City by Ed Sutor, only to see him break every promise he ever made and then some. He screwed a lot of people and lied to everyone, but made sure he received his bonus money.

Ed Sutor looks after Ed Sutor and will screw anyone he can. Previous statement made is correct, many of the employees at Dover Downs hate him and he surrounds himself with YES men and women that laugh at his *** lame jokes. He somehow thinks that he's respected and well liked, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Everyone knows that "Fat Lying Ed" is probably a buffet or two away from a major stroke and no one will be sad to see him go.

Everyone in Atlantic City is well aware of Ed Sutor and we were all very happy to see him leave, but I guess he can't stop being "Lying Ed". Don't ever believe a word Ed Sutor tells you and don't trust his hand shake, get everything on paper with many witnesses when dealing with Ed Sutor. He also likes to use crooked politicians and knows where to get them, so be very careful.

View more comments (10)
Herndon, Virginia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article