Douglas Jeep Chrysler Dodge - 2014 Nissan Altima Review from South Venice, Florida

I just wanted to say I bought a nice used/new car from Douglas and had a good buying experience and they got me in the car I wanted but for some reason never did a follow up phone call/email/text and asked how the car was or anything else. Also, I received my car dirty instead of clean and the poor sales guy was embarrassed by the way the car came back to me. Other than that I love my car immensely. Thanks Douglas,they just need to work on that detail department.
ID
South Venice, Florida
Reason of review
Good customer service

Douglas Jeep Venice Florida sold me a used car with mechanical problems than charged me for repairs

Bought my car used from Douglas Jeep Venice Florida with a 2 month warranty advertising supposedly a 100 point quality check. The car had been making noises when making turns coming from the front end. Brought my car in on Saturday early for repairs, made numerous calls to the dealer through out the day to check on cause of problem as they never bothered calling me. service manager told me he would get back to me. He never called and went home for the day, shop closed leaving me stranded without a car. I had no warning or clue they were keeping my car. Called monday numerous times and was given run around that they are still checking the car. Requested they call me with cause of problem and so I could make transportation arrangements since they were offering no help on that end. No one returned my calls all day, I had to make calls from work (which is frowned upon), put on hold more times than I can count, leaving messages for the service manager or even the sales person who sold me the care to please call me back. No one had courtesy to return my calls until finally at 4:00 PM they called to tell me the bill would be $600 but they would split the cost with me. After much argument they reduced it to $150 I needed to pay. I only had the car 3 weeks! This dealer is very discourteous, could care less about customer satisfaction and obviously sells used cars with problems that he trys to stick the buyer with once the car is purchased. The whole way they handled this was very fishy, no communication, avoiding my calls then springing the bill on me for something they should have repaired before selling the car. At the very least repaired at no cost to me. DO NOT EVER BUY A CAR OR TAKE ONE IN FOR REPAIRS TO THIS PLACE!!!! Scam artists for sure!!!

We purchased a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan last nite! This was the nicest and least pressure dealership we have ever delt with!

So far, so great! Thankyou Craig and John, it was our pleasure meeting you and giving you our business!

We are hoping all goes as smoothly with delivery and pick-up too! We are certainly glad we took the trip out to Venice!

Dear Greggome,

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your service experience after the purchase of your used car. Our 2 month warranty has a zero deductible on covered components. The only way that you should have been charged anything is if the failure was not actually covered by the warranty. The manager may have been trying to assist outside the warranty parameters. If you could provide me with more specifics about your vehicle and purchase, I would be glad to try to assist you in any way possible. Call me at the office 941484****. Sincerely,

Greg Douglas, President

Douglas Jeep Chrysler Dodge

Continued....... we all talked as if we knew each other for years.

Until last night I had not even been to Venice since early 2005! Again I am sorry to hear that you feel your experience was not to your expectations but Paul, Art, Peter, and Johnathan went the extra mile for me, and Douglas Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep in Venice kept their promise to me that it would be worth my longer trip to Venice Florida!

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experence. I just purchased a new 2012 Challenger from them last night and I swear it was the most laid back, no pressure car purchase that I had ever had.

Seriously I have purchased so many new cars and trucks starting with my first new one in late 1986. Even a couple of bikes. Yes I had initially contacted the internet manger and he and I talked a few times including emails. He kept his promises to me and yes he did introduce me to Art....a very polite and no pressure sales specialist ...

the managers at the dealerships are even available for customers throughout the process and if there was anything he may have promised me that was in question was promptly confirmed with a quick call by my assigned specialist. I do not feel that I got Lucky and just happened to get an honest person to assist me because the other manager's stayed late to assist me and we all talked as if we knew each other for years. I promise you that I do not work for them or any other dealership. A .matter of facilities is that I live miles closer to St Pete, Clearwater, Bradenton, & Tampa.

View more comments (3)
ID
Venice, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article