Run, don't walk, from Doug Smith Subaru Service

1. When auto was under warranty we told service department how to recreate problem. Was told they could not recreate problem and did not have time to do what we asked. We asked them to drive up a hill... Years later, after the warranty had expired, they did find the problem and it was $650 to replace. 2. I took my subaru in for service. I was taken home by their shuttle and we were in a serious accident, fortunately no one was injured. When I was returned to the dealership no one said a word to me. No one asked if I was ok. Yes Dale, the service manager was there because i saw him try to not make eye contact with me. 3. I recently took my car in for a routine service job. Dale, the service manager, called and said it needed $1000 worth of repairs. I asked if I could get a 10% or 20% discount. Dale said he couldn't because the keep the prices too low. This is odd because most dealerships will give you some kind of price break, especially when it's a surprise. I asked Dale if he thought the $700 power steering pump was priced so low he could not give me a discount. He did not answer. I will not be back to doug smith subaru service. It's taken me three bad experiences but I kept coming back after two...not three.
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article