Poor fabrication

I purchased a box of 357 JHP ammo from Doubletap. In a box of 20 several had difficulty extracting and one round was unable to be chambered at all.

User's recommendation: Perhaps purchase one box and see how it performs for you.

Midlothian, Virginia
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Never received an order but company charged my credit card in one day.

I phone ordered .44 Mag ammo in Sept. 2019. The person from whom I ordered said they had the ammo in stock and it would be shipped ASAP! The company charged my credit card and the funds went through the following day. I never received the ammo and now it is May 2020. I have called multiple times and the person on the other end of the line-always the same person, said they havent forgotten my order. This company is fraudulent in there mail/phone orders. I was ripped off for $132.00 By the company.

User's recommendation: Never buy from them.

ID
#1913025 Review #1913025 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Fraudulent phone order service
Deliver product or service ordered

Don't buy from Double Tap!

I ordered 38 special +P bonded bullets in August. I received 2 boxes clearly marked 38 special +P but the rounds inside the box were marked 38 special non +P. I emailed double tap at least a dozen times and got no answer. I tried to call but no one answered and the voice mail was always full. I finally got a hold of someone 2 weeks ago and they send to send pictures of the ammo. I did and no answer. I called and left a message and no response. It's been since August and this is not resolved. Quality control and customer service are nonexistent.
ID
Cons
  • Poor quality control and customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

No Return Calls, No Response to Emails and Never Received Order

On Friday, March 1, 2019, I spoke to them to see if my order placed earlier that week for 2 boxes of handgun ammunition had shipped and was told it did not. When I placed the order, I was told it was 2-day shipping to Henderson, Nevada. They assured me the order would ship on Monday, March 4, 2019. On Monday (March 4) I called to confirm that my order shipped. They told me it did not, but they assured me it would ship that day and assured me I would have it Tuesday (March 5) or Wednesday (March 6). I asked them to e-mail me a tracking number so I could track my order, and they assured me I would be sent a tracking number. On Tuesday, March 5, I received notice from my credit card company that a charge for the purchase was made to my credit card account. I assumed that my order shipped that day and not on Monday. Since I never received notice from Doubletap that the order shipped or the tracking number, I called the company at 9:40 AM Mountain Time to inquire about my shipment and got a recording that confirmed I called during business hours and instructed me to leave a message. I left a message, but never received a return phone call nor an e-mail with the tracking number or confirmation the order shipped. When I didn't receive my order, I called again on March 6 just before 4:00 PM Mountain Time Angry and got a recording and left a message, but received no return call. I called five times on March 7 from morning to afternoon - 9:30 AM, 1:45 PM, 2:06 PM, 4:07 PM and 5:40 PM Mountain Time - and reached their recording each time and never received a return call. What is interesting is that prior to my 5:40 PM call, the recording with a male voice stated their normal business hours were 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Friday. However, when I called at 5:40 PM on March 7 (Thursday), the recording was changed to a female voice. It said Doubletap was now closed and that its normal business hours Monday through Thursday were 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, rather than 6:00 PM. I called three times the morning of Friday, March 8, between 8:45 and 10:45 AM and reached their recording each time. Again, I left a message and got no return call. Out of desperation, I even called the CEO, at around 10:00 AM and left a message for him on his voicemail and sent him an e-mail and never got a response. I sent Doubletap an e-mail through its website on Saturday, March 9, to inquire about what happened to my order and received no response. I also called them and the CEO on Monday, March 11, and left messages on their voicemails and received no response. Since I never received my order, I notified my credit card company that I am disputing the charge and wanted it removed from my account. I wanted to try Doubletap ammunition to see how it compared to Buffalo Bore and Underwood. I guess this experience answered my question.
Murrieta, California

Never Again!

My story is exactly the same as the others here. Absolutely no customer support WHATSOEVER via telephone or email. Guess I will have to go to the Utah factory in person to speak with someone. They have my money (the very next day) and I have no ammo. Absolutely disappointed in DoubleTap Ammo. Thank God for Hornady and others who treat every customer with the utmost professionalism and respect. Never again Doubletap!!!!!

WOULD YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU? ....DOUBLETAP:(

I bought ammo from Doubletap Ammo on line 12.12.2017. It is now the second week of january 2018 and I still have not received my order or any information about the status of my order other that order has shipped. I sent 3 email inquiries about the status of my account and processing of my order and have not received a response. I tried calling, and I thought someone was going to answer when the ringing stopped, but there was only silence. i guest either they are going out of business or they do not want their customers to buy from them again. Is this honest how they treat their clients?

I am experiencing the same problem. They took my payment but nothing at all about shipping or tracking # has been sent.

Sent email and have called, only to hit answering machine. Not a great way to do business

Same story here with Doubletap ammo. Placed an order, order status showed “processed” the next day, my credit card was charged, then crickets.

No emails, no tracking number, nothing. Enquired via email, but no response.

What a ridiculous way to run a business. Mike McNett should be ashamed.

Place an order for 5 boxes of their 6.8 SPC 110gr Barnes TSX ammunition on 12/20/17. Noticed my order said "Processed" the following day, but I have received no e-mail or contact whatsoever.

I have sent 2 e-mails to them and today (1/8/18) I check my CC and found that they charged my card the following day (but not for the amount of my order?). So like others I called and left a phone message at both their business 866 # and their local phone # for Mike B Mcnett (owner of Double Tap).

I found this place, noticed the your comment and figured I'd complain too - for although DT is great ammunition that shoots excellent - not being able to contact and find out what going on with my order is very disconcerting and appear we are in the same boat - left wondering what has happened to our orders.

M.Wilson, Nacogdoches, TX

@PissedConsumer1415602

I have since contacted DT thru their Face Book account. I recounted my experience and even PM'd Mr.

McNett and have since received info that the ammo I ordered was on sell, (which accounts for the different charge to my card) and around 12 days later got a PM that my order had shipped - unfortunately this was NOT my order, but one that went and was delivered to Montana - I live in Texas. The only other response was that "he'd check on my new order #) - as I'd mistakenly typed my order number wrong (even though all my other contacts with his HAD the correct number). I feel DT is simply making excuses for taking my money and FAILING to deliver.

It's Feb 11th, 2018 and I have since not heard word one from Mr. McNutt and still NOT received what I ordered.

M.Wilson, Nacogdoches, TX