DoubleTap Ammunition Reviews

Show reviews that mention
ammo order credit card response week order shipped tracking number email account line
Filter review

Poor fabrication

I purchased a box of 357 JHP ammo from Doubletap. In a box of 20 several had difficulty extracting and one round was unable to be chambered at all.

User's recommendation: Perhaps purchase one box and see how it performs for you.

Midlothian, Virginia
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Double lung transplant

I was given a double lung transplant, I started to reject 4 yrs later, and they won't take me back? They nicked my kidneys, said my rejection is due to not taking medication, If I didn't take the meds I WOULD BE DEAD A LONG TIME AGO. Also, lifestyle changes, Don't know what that means, I have a better support system now when I received my lungs, I left due to geographical reasons, and was told by Dr Lane we should have never given you these lungs if you're going to leave, Dr Bedev now turned me down I have not been there in 2 yrs. Also, Insurance was okd and all payments covered, Someone let me know what to do?

User's recommendation: BEWARE.

ID
#2096074 Review #2096074 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Marengo, Indiana

Verified Reviewer

Never received an order but company charged my credit card in one day.

I phone ordered .44 Mag ammo in Sept. 2019. The person from whom I ordered said they had the ammo in stock and it would be shipped ASAP! The company charged my credit card and the funds went through the following day. I never received the ammo and now it is May 2020. I have called multiple times and the person on the other end of the line-always the same person, said they havent forgotten my order. This company is fraudulent in there mail/phone orders. I was ripped off for $132.00 By the company.

User's recommendation: Never buy from them.

ID
#1913025 Review #1913025 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Fraudulent phone order service
Deliver product or service ordered

Don't buy from Double Tap!

I ordered 38 special +P bonded bullets in August. I received 2 boxes clearly marked 38 special +P but the rounds inside the box were marked 38 special non +P. I emailed double tap at least a dozen times and got no answer. I tried to call but no one answered and the voice mail was always full. I finally got a hold of someone 2 weeks ago and they send to send pictures of the ammo. I did and no answer. I called and left a message and no response. It's been since August and this is not resolved. Quality control and customer service are nonexistent.
ID
Cons
  • Poor quality control and customer service
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

No Return Calls, No Response to Emails and Never Received Order

On Friday, March 1, 2019, I spoke to them to see if my order placed earlier that week for 2 boxes of handgun ammunition had shipped and was told it did not. When I placed the order, I was told it was 2-day shipping to Henderson, Nevada. They assured me the order would ship on Monday, March 4, 2019. On Monday (March 4) I called to confirm that my order shipped. They told me it did not, but they assured me it would ship that day and assured me I would have it Tuesday (March 5) or Wednesday (March 6). I asked them to e-mail me a tracking number so I could track my order, and they assured me I would be sent a tracking number. On Tuesday, March 5, I received notice from my credit card company that a charge for the purchase was made to my credit card account. I assumed that my order shipped that day and not on Monday. Since I never received notice from Doubletap that the order shipped or the tracking number, I called the company at 9:40 AM Mountain Time to inquire about my shipment and got a recording that confirmed I called during business hours and instructed me to leave a message. I left a message, but never received a return phone call nor an e-mail with the tracking number or confirmation the order shipped. When I didn't receive my order, I called again on March 6 just before 4:00 PM Mountain Time Angry and got a recording and left a message, but received no return call. I called five times on March 7 from morning to afternoon - 9:30 AM, 1:45 PM, 2:06 PM, 4:07 PM and 5:40 PM Mountain Time - and reached their recording each time and never received a return call. What is interesting is that prior to my 5:40 PM call, the recording with a male voice stated their normal business hours were 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Friday. However, when I called at 5:40 PM on March 7 (Thursday), the recording was changed to a female voice. It said Doubletap was now closed and that its normal business hours Monday through Thursday were 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, rather than 6:00 PM. I called three times the morning of Friday, March 8, between 8:45 and 10:45 AM and reached their recording each time. Again, I left a message and got no return call. Out of desperation, I even called the CEO, at around 10:00 AM and left a message for him on his voicemail and sent him an e-mail and never got a response. I sent Doubletap an e-mail through its website on Saturday, March 9, to inquire about what happened to my order and received no response. I also called them and the CEO on Monday, March 11, and left messages on their voicemails and received no response. Since I never received my order, I notified my credit card company that I am disputing the charge and wanted it removed from my account. I wanted to try Doubletap ammunition to see how it compared to Buffalo Bore and Underwood. I guess this experience answered my question.
Murrieta, California
Service
Doubletap Ammunition Shipping Service

Never Again!

My story is exactly the same as the others here. Absolutely no customer support WHATSOEVER via telephone or email. Guess I will have to go to the Utah factory in person to speak with someone. They have my money (the very next day) and I have no ammo. Absolutely disappointed in DoubleTap Ammo. Thank God for Hornady and others who treat every customer with the utmost professionalism and respect. Never again Doubletap!!!!!

WOULD YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU? ....DOUBLETAP:(

I bought ammo from Doubletap Ammo on line 12.12.2017. It is now the second week of january 2018 and I still have not received my order or any information about the status of my order other that order has shipped. I sent 3 email inquiries about the status of my account and processing of my order and have not received a response. I tried calling, and I thought someone was going to answer when the ringing stopped, but there was only silence. i guest either they are going out of business or they do not want their customers to buy from them again. Is this honest how they treat their clients?

I am experiencing the same problem. They took my payment but nothing at all about shipping or tracking # has been sent.

Sent email and have called, only to hit answering machine. Not a great way to do business

Same story here with Doubletap ammo. Placed an order, order status showed “processed” the next day, my credit card was charged, then crickets.

No emails, no tracking number, nothing. Enquired via email, but no response.

What a ridiculous way to run a business. Mike McNett should be ashamed.

Place an order for 5 boxes of their 6.8 SPC 110gr Barnes TSX ammunition on 12/20/17. Noticed my order said "Processed" the following day, but I have received no e-mail or contact whatsoever.

I have sent 2 e-mails to them and today (1/8/18) I check my CC and found that they charged my card the following day (but not for the amount of my order?). So like others I called and left a phone message at both their business 866 # and their local phone # for Mike B Mcnett (owner of Double Tap).

I found this place, noticed the your comment and figured I'd complain too - for although DT is great ammunition that shoots excellent - not being able to contact and find out what going on with my order is very disconcerting and appear we are in the same boat - left wondering what has happened to our orders.

M.Wilson, Nacogdoches, TX

@PissedConsumer1415602

I have since contacted DT thru their Face Book account. I recounted my experience and even PM'd Mr.

McNett and have since received info that the ammo I ordered was on sell, (which accounts for the different charge to my card) and around 12 days later got a PM that my order had shipped - unfortunately this was NOT my order, but one that went and was delivered to Montana - I live in Texas. The only other response was that "he'd check on my new order #) - as I'd mistakenly typed my order number wrong (even though all my other contacts with his HAD the correct number). I feel DT is simply making excuses for taking my money and FAILING to deliver.

It's Feb 11th, 2018 and I have since not heard word one from Mr. McNutt and still NOT received what I ordered.

M.Wilson, Nacogdoches, TX

View more comments (3)
Cedar City, Utah
Service
Doubletap Ammunition Shipping Service
Order processing issue
Deliver product or service ordered

DoubleTap Ammunition - 450 Smc Bullet Review from Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

I ordered 1 box of 450smc on the 17th, got a tracking # on the 20th, but come the 23rd, still no package. I call UPS, but they have no shipping info. So I call Double tap, and get a get " matter of fact "oh, that hasnt shipped, your order is going out the end of next week." Wow! So $28 for a box of 20 rounds, but over $13 in shipping.....and I won't get my order, which was supposed to be a gift for my son, until over 2 weeks. Hmm, I bet larger orders don't wait that long. So I email, and get this back from the owner, Mike McNett. Dave/Michelle, Hello, there seems to be an issue. Can you let me know what is going on? I would love to help you out. Mike McNett President Doubletap Ammunition I email back but never get another word back! I guess him gracing me with an email is his way of "helping". I feel so lucky! I was new to them, been in many group or friend buys over the years. Just my first time ordering. But it's also my last! Bottom line don't waste your time. Go to Buffalo Bore, or Underwood instead.
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
Problem with delivery

No product received, no response to inquiry

I bought ammo from Doubletap Ammo on line in April. It is now the second week of July and I still have not received my order or any information about the status of my order. I sent two email inquiries about the status of my account and processing of my order and have not received a response. I tried calling, and I thought someone was going to answer when the ringing stopped, but there was only silence. I left a message on Facebook, but there has been no response. I also messaged them through their website and have had no response there either.

I've been buying 41 mag from Double tap for years now and 100% pleased with the Ammo, the fast shipping and the customer support! Thanks Mike!.

Seattle, Washington

Doubletapp ammo blew up my G20

dont belive the hype of super 10mm loads! its BS! All this Mike clown is a "reloader who magicaly gets high speed loads ehith no over pressure funny all the big guys cant seem to figure this magic out but good old Mike can? well i have personal experence with this stuff and after my last order my new glock is now in peices why? all i can figure is poor quality ammo over pressure blew case in new G20 result ruined! NO call back from Mike McNett from doubletapammo.com no email responce nothing!! dont buy its expensive and even worse very dangerous!!!!

yes 223 way over pressured as well, primers falling out, major cartridge op marks

You bought ammo for a 1911 and expect great results?

#420036

I just wear welding gloves and face mask when shooting his stuff or stand behind a tree

there is alot of negative press on Mike latley his own fault he turned his back on all of us that supported him I will never recomend his stuff to anybody he sent me cheap montana gold bullets there a target bullet made for range use Mike has been sneaking them into his "controled expansion" ammo insted of the xtp or gold dot these bullets DONT expand not even the hollow points the cores are dam near as hard as steel!! and he is charging a dollar a round for the stuff!!

all mine chronoed at 150-200 below the box flap out of the same g20 he supposedly tested them in. I agree with the first guy here double *** ammo!!

look at his web site africa safari thats where your money is goin i saw some 10mm for $75 a box!!!!!!!!!! now thats gettin ridickulus!!!

I have actually seen the vel on the ammo go down latley the box says 1300 my chrono says 1190 - **** i have had varriation over 150 before a few high primers that caused ftf yes it is or was really hot but i dont carry it in my service pistol anymore to many compaints and poor quality for me when lives are on the line i cant trust it. seems like this guy has turned his back on the people that got him where he is now prices are higher than ever you can buy it in some stores now less than his site guess its the greed and quest for money is whats important for doubletap now days too bad they were good if not great at one time.

I agree

i too had problems with their ammo never case failure but large smileys on cases renduring the cases not reloadble! dont reload these cases they will burst on the streched portion I am a avid reloader and there is no doubt these are over pressure they "blame" the glock for a unsuported chamber funny becouse the majority of 10mm shooters use glocks so if you are aware of a potential problem what kind of *** would create a potential problem?

if you have to buy custom barrels and springs just to shoot this "special" ammo its not worth it! my advice is to stick with established manufactures this guy is goin to get somebody injured with this stuff!

View more comments (7)
Portland, Oregon
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article