Doubleclickittofixit Reviews

Show reviews that mention
james howell business repair money beware james owner computer permanently banned stole checks
Filter review

Horrible Business ethics

Avoid. Vists Computer Innov8tions insteadAvoidi am a Shop owner in Louisville Ky, upon looking for a service provider close by, Contacted Mr Howell July 22, appx 11:15am to discuss an issue with our clients damaged Dell MB. Explained to him the Full scope of the issue, and what was needed. Then asked him what he needed from us to perform the repair. He stated " The Motherboard, Battery and Charger" since we had already dismantled. He Never mentioned a form to fill out. Shipped the items he said he needed next day, USPS Priority. Monday, box was delivered, and James Failed to reply to my first email, requesting confirmation of receipt. Tuesday, July 28th, Attempted to call this tech 3 times. Wasn't sure i dialed correctly, as he has No outgoing message <;;;;;;;; really professional&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; Upon texting, he finally responded, he would test it that day. He then sent a link to a form to fill out, This didn't cause me any issue. Began filling out, but at the end, had questions about the 65$ fee.. and tried to call him, to which he again ignored. Said he was on a Server job. I asked him to please call, when he was free, since he neglected to return my call the day prior as promised. His reply, "I am not going to neglect to send it back. Email me a label please" This was his reply, when i needed help completing his online form. the issue was with His server, causing a Loopback popup, and would not allow completion. he waited 2 days to give the box to a UPS Driver, completely disregarding his Customer service duties. We are out nearly 60$, and a loss of a week on customers repair, because he did not want to assist with a issue on his site, or help explain an issue with his price point. We have been in business since 1995, located in 2 states, with a 5 star, A+ Rating. Upon notifying James we were going to post a negative review because of his inability to accept responsibility, and communicate with a Customer, He Spitefully jumps online, and leaves a 1 star review. And to make things worse, Lies, and says " number of systems to fix without filling out the form". Because we told him of our disappointment in his failure to communicate. In closing, This shop fails to stand up to Ethical Customer service standards, that All business owners who care about clients should. Refuses to answer his phone, return calls, or be Upfront about his needs. 8 days After i ship him our clients board, he Finally gives it to a UPS Driver. Poor business ethics. Read his other reviews, and Avoid. Computer Innov8tions and Bryant PC Support are close by to him, and offer Much better support, without the hassle. Customer reviews over the years, speak Loud and clear. regardless of how we tried to explain what he did was wrong, he continues to pass blame

User's recommendation: Avoid.

ID
#2091455 Review #2091455 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Louisville, Kentucky
Cons
  • Doesnt want to answer customer questions about checkin form
  • Does not communicate
Apology

Con Artist and thief! Stay away!

Update by user Sep 13, 2019

Other than being cussed out and hung up on from the business owner for asking for my TV and money back, no.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2019
I wish I had done research on this company before I did business with him instead of after. Charged me $60, never called me back, claims to have lost my TV and refuses to return the TV and my so-called deposit. It seems that he has a long history of ripping people off but apparently continues to get away with it, as it appears that he's been doing it for at least 8 years, if not longer. I can only hope that someone finds this review and others BEFORE they give him money. He also appears to have been arrested for stalking, https://right2know.timesfreepress.com/mugsDetail.aspx?id=100431 as well as theft of property https://right2know.timesfreepress.com/mugsDetail.aspx?id=107632 which would leave me greatly concerned about the personal information that he may be taking off of people's personal computers and may explain why he never seems to be able to locate people's equipment after he's asked to return them. BEWARE!!!
ID
Cons
  • Sells or throws away your equipment
  • Does not do work that he bills for
  • Steals your money
Reason of review
Steals money and equipment and uses his business as a front to do so
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Got ripped off

This business is managed in a pusillanimous, puerile manner. Deal with them at your own peril. Never fixed the item but took the money. Will not honor a request for a refund. Check out BBB or Chattanooga as I should have done first. Now I am telling all about my experience in the hope of them avoiding my frustration. Be aware. Do you research. Not only tried to insist that I should not be allowed to request a refund after four attempts on his part to make a good repair. But then never even acknowledged his ineptitude. Again, please please please search this business out before you engage his services.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Warranty issue
Full refund

Took money upfront. Never fixed the item

Despite my paying upfront for a repair to a Control Board and me giving me this disreputable place three opportunities to fix it, he was not able to do so. When I asked for a refund he claimed that is ridiculous warranty exempted him. What nonsense. I even offered to work out an arrangement that would allow us both to walk away feeling that it was a 'win-win'. But not this rip-off artist. He decided to stop corresponding with me. No worries, as the last laugh will be mine. I only hope that my awful experience serves to help others by keeping them away from James Howell and his unprofessional way of doing business.

We understand that reviews are a normal part of any business. Donald Sorkin shipped us a board per

our website, which took him three weeks to send.

Our communication with Mr. Sorkin expressed our

policies and steps first by filling out our form online and then later by email. With all treadmill board

repairs we source as many parts if not all the parts to replace on the unit then exchange them one for

one rebuilding the board. With this being said we strictly are refurbing your board the same way an

individual or company might sell you a refurbished unit to replace your board.

This process does not guarantee your treadmill to work or guarantee that other components will not damage your newly refurbished unit. If you were to purchase this board from a wholesaler, perform a self-install, and the board did not fix the unit or caused the board to fail by burning something up you would have the same warranty as we issued Mr. Sorkin. Mr.

Sorkin sent us his board after weeks. Doubleclickittofixit gave Donald Sorkin an estimate for rebuilding his board as we give all clients. Mr. Sorkin approved the rebuild process.

Our company sourced the parts and exchanged them on the board. We then mailed the unit back to him. Mr. Sorkin began communication stating that his board did not fix his treadmill, he was displeased, and he wanted a refund.

Our office stated that our warranty is 30 days for the work we performed. Keep in mind, the warranty was stated specifically for 30 days for the work we performed on your unit, and we were not giving a 30 day warranty on your board or treadmill. We also do not guarantee a repaired treadmill due to the nature of the work. Donald Sorkin then sent the board back with a letter stating the burn marks on the board were from a neighbor attempting to solder his board for him.

Upon receiving this letter we checked the board, noticed a FET with a broken leg, pushed the leg back to contact, and resoldered it to the through hole mount. Our office sent pictures of what we found to Donald Sorkin and then asked him to pay for return shipping which he did with no complaints. Donald Sorkin received his board and stated that the unit would get power and do various things but did not make the treadmill work properly. After discussing with Mr.

Sorkin about things via email, he stated he wanted a refund. Our response was and is that he agreed to the terms of service upon sending the unit to us. Mr. Sorkin stated he was not aware of these terms and was not agreeing with them.

Our office again stated the terms of service outlining the terms state that you have a warranty for 30 days unless the client has someone else perform a work on the unit which voids our work. Our office stated Mr. Sorkin could send the board back to be retested and if the board was damaged and required work, we would notify him and a charge may be involved. Instead, Mr.

Sorkin stated he would begin a campaign to place negative reviews online stating our office would never be aware of how much business he would make us lose. Our response is as stated below and still stands as our final response to our client: We have both positive and negative reviews. We understand that reviews are a normal part of business. I myself have left positive and negative reviews for businesses.

If you feel you need to leave a review I understand but what a review does not do to your terms of service you signed upon submitting the service repair form is change it. Those terms are outlined to protect both you as the customer by giving you a warranty in writing and protect us as a company by notifying you that if you do not pay your property will be lost and other various protections. With that our communication will be over unless you are notifying us that you are sending the unit back to us. Donald Sorkin then respond as such: The conversation is over when I say its over.

You are a crook and a criminal. You worked on the board despite the initial attempt to repair it. So don't think you can now hide behind some language that exempts you from your responsibilities. It means nothing.

You will never know how much business you will now lose because of my taking to social media to tell the world about your shady practices. You will wish you had simply been an honorable person and agreed to come to some sort of settlement on charging me several times and delivering an item that you never fixed. All you had to do was apologize and offer to make it right. Instead you chose to take the low road.

And now its my turn, you tool. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. You must really need the money.

You are pathetic. Our office will just leave his response as proof to how some customers chose to work with businesses.

Service
Doubleclickittofixit Customer Care
Poor customer service
Full refund

Short Review on August 07, 2016

Doubleclickittofixit - Simple Review #1470626806
Doubleclickittofixit - Simple Review #1470626806
Beware! These guys took my laptop and wont return it unless i pay 300 dollars. This is with me not having the laptop fixed too.
Calhoun, Georgia
Poor customer service

Doubleclickittofixit - Sold a broken computer and then charged 25% restock fee as he trash talked my wife and me
Buyer beware BAIT AND SWITCH. They post a NEWER model Mac book on Craigslist and then try to sell you an old model. I went to purchase for my wife and they closed at 3:30 on Saturday. He rushed me out of the store before I could look over computer well. Should have gone to mac2sell.net first. Computer was sold for $740 and valued at $250. When I took to return due to the fact that it was broken and wouldn't work they slapped me with a 25% restock fee. Then he trashed talked my wife and told me I was *** for returning it!
Featured
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Loss

James Howell of Doubleclickittofixit stole checks from me!!

James stole checks from me! I owned a small computer repair shop in Dunlap, TN but recently had to close it due to financial difficulties. James had come to my shop one day and convinced me to let him borrow some space. He claimed that his old space was damaged in a storm. James thanks me for my generosity by stealing checks right off my desk! He also recorded private phone conversations between me and another business owner without our consent, and then bragged about it online! After speaking with a few shop owners, I quickly learned that James has a track record of shady behavior. James was permanently banned from doing business on Ebay. He was also permanently banned from other sites - such as GetSatisfaction - for spam. His "company" - a one man show - has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. James' old customers started calling my business looking for him. Apparently, he has made a lot of enemies because he never delivers on his promises. I can attest to it first hand that James can't fix anything. He's a phony in the strictest sense of the word. I've seen him sitting there with a dazed look on his face trying to fix a laptop - to no avail. James took advantage of my generosity, stole from me and angered a lot of people. I hope one day that James grows up and learns that his behavior is 100% unacceptable. But what goes around comes around. - Tom

How does this guy get away with all this?????????? He got me also!!!!!!

Shipped some of my product to me without an invoice I paid COD cash only from him $502.00 not one system was touched. He held on to $4000.00 worth of product even after he said he would ship it back. Then I see my stuff on UTube saying he was fixing it for me. This guy is 100% a thief and a scamer.

He gets our comments deleted from Yelp. Anyone else would be in jail. He straight out lied and stole from me and my family, then has the Gaul to call me a retard and to write it off.

Please if you read this DO NOT GIVE HIM NOTHING HE IS A LIER AND A THIEF. I have no problem putting my name to this Ed Bromme San Diego CA

BEWARE!! James Howell has a new address from which he can *** his victims:

6960 lee highway chattanooga tn

That is where this *** will be hiding out. Do NOT do business with James Howell of doubleclickittofixit!!! He stole from me and stole checks from another computer shop. BEWARE of James Christopher Howell!!!

James Howell of Doubleclickittofixit is stalking me and trying to find out where I live, again! He stalked me on Facebook and followed me when I moved. He's a psycho...

Here's what he sent me yesterday:

"You can't hide from me forever"

*** Stalker... Do not send your laptop to James Howell of DoubleClickittofixit, or he might do to you what he's doing to me!!!

James Howell "fixed" my laptop back in November. It worked for two weeks then quit again.

Same problem as before. I sent it back in to him, and all I got was an email telling me that it would cost another $300 to fix. I already paid $300 for the first repair plus shipping! He will no longer answer my emails and I am getting very frustrated.

I am disabled and on a fixed income and I don't need this. I'll never recommend anyone to this kid.

But please, if someone knows him can you please tell him to just fix my computer and send it back to me please? Thank you!

Walter Campbell

I sent my HP DV9700 to Mr Howell for repair. He charged me $350 and would only take a check, which I found a little shady to begin with.

The laptop arrived back to me fashionably late, and when I turned it on it had the same exact problem I sent it to James for!

The video was distorted on the screen. Stay away from this scammer I lost $350 and had to buy a new laptop.

- Mark

James Howell fixed my friends laptop. Well he didn't actually fix anything he just erased the whole computer.

My girlfriend and I picked it up, and he just kept staring at us in a really *** way. Later on that night we saw him walking behind us at the mall.

He was following us I know he was because we deliberately tried to lose him. So watch out for this guy and don't let him touch your computer because he'll erase everything and then stalk you!

-Liz

View more comments (5)
Palmerton, Pennsylvania

James Howell Doubleclickittofixit IS A CRIMINAL

James Howell of Doubleclickittofixit.com has stolen from my company. He has also stolen checks from a competitor in Dunlap Tn. James was permanently banned from Ebay. Doubleclickittofixit.com has an F rating with the BBB James stole checks from a competitor in Dunlap, Tn James stole documentation from a competitor in Florida. James hijacks competitors paid ads. He was also banned from getsatisfaction (for life) - for crass commercialism. James Howell will say or do anything to make a buck. He has no ethics. He is a liar and a coward. James Howell is a stalker. He has stalked the owner of a rival repair company, watching him Facebook (can we say CREEPY!) James Howell can't really fix anything. He has no equipment. He has no training. He has no skill. But don't take my word for it! Read what one of his customers had to say! James Howell of Double Click it or Fix it PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS JERK. I contacted him on July 19th of this year for some work on some game systems. All sounded good, so three days later I shipped him six. He stated no more than five days working time. Three weeks later my nightmare started with him. I can understand running behind. But I shipped more boards to him. All in all I shipped like around twenty, five or six thousand dollars worth of income to me. Now trying to give short of long. One month after my first shipment I get seven boards back not even touched. I call, text, E-mail no reply for him. Now I paid what was charged $350 and it was like eight five bucks over, what it should have been. But had to pay it to get my stuff. But when opened shipment they were still Non-Working Condition!! All of them!!!! and were in same condition as when they were shipped. I needed what I thought would be working boards.So I paid the driver. Now going on three months later he ships the I don't know how many boards in a fed ex shipment with COD fees of 500 bucks, without an invoice again. I have asked and asked of him for an invoice for previous shipment and current one. But no such luck. Now would you pay? As far as I know he could be doing same thing or shipping me a brick. Now I have been doing my own business for over twenty years, and have never in my life met and dealt with anyone like this jerk. He puts a good front. I offered to him my to give me my stuff and my money,( that in my book he has stolen from me.) And just call it whatever and move on. He says no! Pay or Don't get your stuff back. At this point, this man has already taken my money and my property.And I am a very upset. He cares less. And what can do, I cant afford an lawer. He does business on Internet and I am 2000 miles away. What can I do except tell everyone out there beware of this guy. He will take your stuff and never return your calls. Now I was struggling just like everyone to support my family But because of my stupidity and this jerk, its even worse. Maybe if you read this you might call or Email him and tell him what he is doing is wrong, It might help me to get my property and my money from him or protect someone else from getting ripped off. James Howell James@***.com, www.laptopbgarepair.com, www.d630repair.com, dv9000bgarepair. com, www.hpreflow.com, James Howell 706-307-**** Thanks Ed Bromme San Diego CA DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JAMES HOWELL OF DOUBLECLICKITTOFIXIT !!! HE IS A THIEF. HE IS A STALKER. HE HAS NO EQUIPMENT, NO SKILL NO TRAINING. HE WILL RIP YOU OFF LIKE HE DID TO ED BROMME AND MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY OTHERS!

All the information from above is absolutely correct. I just had the same exact problem with 4 logic boards and got jacked about $400 and none of them work.

James Howell is indeed a criminal and needs to be punished.

Double click it to fix it is a massive scam.

he has had my laptop over 5 months now and just 2 day here is what he sent me.

James Howell

2:35 PM (19 minutes ago)

to me

Here is the breakdown. With your payment being so late we will only accept COD or Cashier's Check or Money Order.

Here is the breakdown on your repair.

$100.00 for dis-assembly and diagnostics.

$125.00 for water damage cleaning and repair.

$125.00 for the PWM chip replacement.

$125.00 for fuse testing, replacement, and SMC repair.

$100.00 for reassembly and testing

$25.00 for return shipping.

$2.75 for residential shipping surcharge

If you choose COD there will also be a $45.00 additional fee charged by FedEx.

James is not a scammer or a thief. He has fixed my computers numerous times and they have all worked.

James Howell is the most dishonest person you will ever meet. Stay as far away from him as you can. He'll ruin your laptop then blame it on a tornado.

SCAMMMER!! And I can prove it. James Howell was permanently banned from doing business on EBay. His Ebay user name was CNYR75. That was the second name he created after being banned from Ebay but he couldn't hide from the truth forever. Below, you will find a list of complaints. They are from the customers that he scammed:

Negative feedback rating Thief. Email me wazz28394@***.com Please file report with Tunnel Hill police Buyer:

Member id grapeape48 ( Feedback Score Of 272Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

Oct 22, 2009 12:59

HP DV2000/DV6000/DV9000 BGA Reflow No Video Repair (#350246****66) US $75.00

Negative feedback rating FRAUD ALRT will not return laptop or msgs. wants a check, do not trust +feedback Buyer:

Member id omadarland ( Feedback Score Of 120Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

Oct 22, 2009 11:55

HP DV2000/DV6000/DV9000 BGA Reflow No Video Repair (#350246****73) US $75.00

Negative feedback rating Sent the computer to the company and they still have not sent back...been weeks! Buyer:

Member id cfoca ( Feedback Score Of 541Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)

Oct 22, 2009 10:49

HP DV2000/DV6000/DV9000 BGA Reflow No Video Repair (#350246****73) US $75.00

Positive feedback rating as described, thanks Buyer:

Member id playjimbub ( Feedback Score Of 1614Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)

Oct 21, 2009 00:50

Dell D800/D810/D820 BIOS Password Repair Chip - 595B (#350243****26) US $19.99

Negative feedback rating the seller does not answer emails or harvest, or calls, I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK Buyer:

Member id osiris-tj ( Feedback Score Of 4 )

Oct 20, 2009 13:23

HP TX1000/TX1200/TX1400 BGA Reflow No Video Repair (#350255****90) US $75.00

Negative feedback rating THE CHIP DON'T WORK, LOST MY TIME, SELLER DON'T SUPPORT ANY. Buyer:

Member id original_ac_adapters ( Feedback Score Of 1160Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)

Oct 15, 2009 23:59

IBM R30/R31/R32/R40/R50/R51 BIOS Password Repair Chip (#350243****77) US $9.99

Negative feedback rating BEWARE!!! Refused to honor conditions of "Best Offer" then wouldnt communicate! Buyer:

Member id chrisbar7 ( Feedback Score Of 277Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

Oct 14, 2009 12:09

Compaq V3000/V6000/V9000 BGA Reflow No Video Repair (#350246****71) US $60.00

Negative feedback rating not received the product purchased. not indicate to anyone who buys this seller Buyer:

Member id giovanifc ( Feedback Score Of 18Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

Oct 13, 2009 23:35

HP DV6000/DV9000 nVIDIA GF-G07600-H-N-B1 BGA Chipset (#350249****63) US $19.99

DEADBEAT seller- no item or replys of any kind AVOID BAD ebay'r SHOP ELSEWHERE Buyer:

Member id gcmrn ( Feedback Score Of 976Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)

Oct 12, 2009 23:45

Gateway M/MA/ML/MT/CX/MX/GZ BIOS Password Repair Chip (#350255****62) US $9.99

STALKER ! ! !

Be sure to check out my ripoffreport that I am about to write about the real James Howell of Doubleclickittofixit.com

James Howell is a *** stalker who stalked me on Facebook and online. He posted vicious and false statements about me on his website. He has serious issues. I am now going to have to get law enforcement involved because he follows me where ever I move, stalks me and then posts my personal information on his website. He's a complete psycho.

FACTS about James Howell:

James stole checks from Tom White - a computer repair shop owner.

James was PERMANENTLY banned from doing business on Ebay.

James is known by some computer shops as the "Tunnel Hill Scammer". He's proud of his roots.

His "company" is a one man show with an F rating with the BBB

James spams the internet - and was banned from Getsatisfaction.com for crass commercialism.

James has ripped off many of his customers. He also publishes customer's personal information. He has no respect for customer privacy.

Stay away from this *** and be sure to check out my ripoffreport about this stalker. Beware of James Christopher Howell of Doubleclickittofixit.com

STALKER ! ! !

FACTS about James Howell:

James stole checks from Tom White - a computer repair shop owner.

James was PERMANENTLY banned from doing business on Ebay.

His "company" is a one man show with an F rating with the BBB

P.S. I told James Howell to stop stalking and harassing me and he only did it more! He's seriously disturbed.

This *** has been stalking me on facebook and online for nearly three years. He also publishes his customer's information (no respect for customer privacy).

He's a *** and a stalker. Beware!!!!

You can read my post above. That was 2011.

Still to this day nothing from him. He knows the game, and how to get your money. Now i know i am not the only one he has stolen from. If it was you or i we would be in jail, but this guy continues to get us hard working peoples money.

PLEASE stay on him. Someday he will get put in jail. My email edbromm@***.com. I am real , just like the hard earned money he stole from me and my family.

I WILL STAY ON HIM TILL THE DAY I DIE.

HE IS A THIEF. AND THIEFS BELONG IN JAIL.

View more comments (15)
Palmerton, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article