Disgusting and Despicable

RoseDog Publishing is a disgusting, despicable company that takes lots and lots of money from writers who are unfamiliar with publishing. They take advantage of writers who simply want to publish a book by charging them thousands of dollars for what the writer can do FOR FREE through Createspace. Do you hear me, writers? Publish your book through Amazon for free! Yes, it's free to upload your book on Createspace and have it published on Amazon. Yes, Amazon will take 30% off each sale because they are printing it for you AND shipping it directly to your buyers for you. They make it simple. You don't pay a dime up front. You only pay out of the royalties you're already making. Companies like RoseDog are laughable. You MIGHT make pennies off each sale, but not until they feel like they've made enough off of your book first. Stay away from them! This company works under many aliases. DO YOUR RESEARCH, or you will get screwed.
Service
Rosedog Books Publishing Service

Dorrence Publishing Scam

Last year I've contracted Dorrence for publishing . The service of their production center is ***. One of the issues: last month I received my first check of royalties, turned out to be rejected by all local banks I kindly requested to enable PayPal. I guess this would take them 5 minutes to set up. But they doesn't bother because "it doesn't match their policy". I'm very disappointed I have never encountered any support. My book also looks like ***.This is a story about Dorrance Publishing and I want to tell other idiots don't invest your money with this and be careful about contracts with vanity scams take a look into these vanity scams because believe it or not they don't care about your dreams coming true; they just really want your money.just because they been around for 80 years or more doesn't make them honest.
Loss

Sales to Amazon

I need your organization to stop sales of my book "The Valley" as it is a very poor presentation. I cannot help but feel that if you continue to offer the book to Amazon, or anyone else, it will be detrimental to my other works. I have since republished through a different publisher and I ask that you stop selling the edition you have. If there is a question, please contact me at mike.kohler54@***.com. Thank you M. W. Kohler. P.S. Rosedog was the one to distribute the work. I am seriously worried that your edition, will be a disadvantage to my future works and again ask that you cease selling, or supplying this book to Amazon

Dorrence isn't going to pay any attention to anything written here. These scam companies just continue scamming. You paid this vanity scam publisher do you now not even have a way of contacting the vanity scam?

Dorrance/rosedog book publishing

I wrote a book, I escaped the grip of the Grim Reaper, I made a big mistake in choosing Dorrance/Rosedog publishing they are incompetant, and costly, When they informed me that my cost per book would be $7.80 I went through the roof. I cancelled my contract and went with Createspace.com, their system is much better and my cost per book is only $2.15. A lot better than $7.80, and the quality of the book is better too, if you want to write a book, stay away from Dorrance/Rosedog,,,,, Thank you Robert Alan Lee, iescapedthegrip.com

Can you recommend a good trustworthy publisher?

I am very glad to learn alot from you this meaningful knowledge. From an article describing your unique way , we can see that you are an approachable , humorous person

www.abc.com

Dorrance and RoseDog publishers are under one management. They are a bunch of criminals feeding on new authors who haven't heard of their criminal activities yet.

Just keep away from them please. Thank you.

Um self publishing isn't real publishing so no one will market your book for you. It's not like your a real author that has passed the gatekeepers and been accepted, Any dumb bunny can vanity or self publish any old rubbish.

You can't get Christy Willcox on the phone because she scammed you.

Um if you self publish with Create Space the never promise to do any marketing. It's entirely up to you to do marketing.

That is actually pretty much true of any publisher. The scam vanity publishers like Dorrence, Xlbiris, Author House etc.. will pretend to do marketing for large sums of money but none of their fake marketing will ever sell books and is just a scam.

Even the real big genuine publishing houses do *** all except for promote their NYT best sellers and their new authors get very little. Create Space is actually honest and admit you will have to do it all yourself though they don't offer to do, read the rules properly.

I am back its me scott thomas mason so can anyone tell me why i cant get christy willcox on the phone

If possible, please Email me as I would like Rosedog books to cancel its sales to Amazon, of my book, titled "The Valley" It is not a very good presentation and have since republished through a different publisher. I ask that your affiliate stop allowing sales of your edition of the book.

mike.kohler54@***.com Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank You. M.

W. Kohler

Thanks for that info., I've already published via CreateSpace, and am happy enough ... except for their marketing. Mind, given the tsunami of new books I can't really blame them, there's just too many of us writers out there!

View more comments (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article