Verified Reviewer

False advertisement

Donut Delight - False advertisement
I went to donut delight to purchase bow tie donuts. The menu it clearly states 6 donuts for $8.25 when I reached to the window the employee mentioned that the pricing was different. It was now 4 donuts for $8.19. I was like how does the menu state one price and immediately at the window theres another inflated price. His statement was that the owner was too lazy to change the menu. I was stunned. Not a good look on donut delight nor the worker. SMH!

User's recommendation: Go else where at least Starbucks/ Dunkin’ pricing are correct.

ID
Pros
  • Have bow tie donuts
Cons
  • False advertisement
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Bad customer service and a lying owner!!

I have been a customer for 20 years at the drive thru on Elm Street in Stamfords Shippan section And I will NEVER go back again! The owner is a liar and a scam artist. They change their policy every day on free iced water depending upon who is at the window. I talked to the arrogant owner about it when they denied me a cup of water so I could take my stomach medication with my coffee. He said no one would deny you free water in a paper cup. I said I didnt care what cup it was given to me in, I just needed the ice water as I get at Starbucks - who has far better coffee too but its more expense also. When I explained to the owner that the manager named Islam wouldnt give me the water today in any cup unless I paid for it, the owner said that I must be lying because theyd never do that to a customer! Well they did and its all on tape. The owner says its company policy to give a free cup of water with any purchase. Afterall, he gives its to all the homeless men hanging out on his patio deck so he says why would he deny it to a paying customer? That was my question too. So he basically accused me of lying and said the policy for all is free water in a 12 Oz cup with a purchase. Then he says if they denied it to a good customer like me, then they didnt know who I was. So I said excuse but you just contradicted yourself. You said it was a policy for all customers no matter who the customer is. And he said thats correct.... so then I said so what difference does it make if Im a good customer or not? You said its a company policy for all customers?. He was caught up in his own lies. Then, to make matters worse he said the woman who denied it to you was probably a new hire. I told him that not only had she said she was there for 8 years but the Manager named Islam also denied me the water and hes been there for 20 years you just said. So he got really angry with me for calling his bluff and then told me he didnt want me as a customer anymore! After 20 years!! Waiting in that stupid long line for that *** coffee!! Never again. What a liar and a scammer. They have no policy. I wonder how many others will continue to tolerate this place? Even Dunkin Donuts gives free iced water today! These people are NEVER getting a dime from me ever again. If you have no ability to listen and stop spewing lies and nonsense as an owner then I have no interest in ever supporting your business again. Good riddance!!

User's recommendation: Don’t go there! Not worth the time and aggravation.

ID
Stamford, Connecticut
Cons
  • Terrible management
Preferred solution
Apology

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article