Stay Away From this Dealership

We purchased a used HD 2500, took it in to have the oil changed. When we got the truck back the technician failed to put the oil cap back on. The second time we took the truck in to have the oil changed, they did not tighten the oil filter and we had oil splatter all over our vehicle (glad we caught it). Fast forward to our next vehicle, we bought a used 2013 ford f-150, we took the truck in a few days after purchase to have new tires put on (as part of the sales agreement) and complained about ignition issues however they could not find anything wrong with it. Fast forward 7 months we took the truck in for the ignition issue again to a ford dealership as Hewlett said since it was a ford they could not properly diagnosis the truck. During the service repair many other issues were discovered to be wrong with the vehicle. The timing chain had slack in it (stretched out), the ignition switch was faulty and needed to be replaced, the rear door lock was not functioning, the battery needed to be replaced, the spark plugs needed to be replaced, and the coolant system had a leak. I do not feel in the 7 months we've had the truck we should be dealing with this many issues, some of which we complained about when we purchased the truck. To be honest based on our last experience we would not have purchased another truck from Hewlett, however they had the specific truck we were looking for. We have extended family that has purchased many vehicles from Hewlett, which is why we ended up here in the first place. However we have ONLY been continually disappointed with the service we received here. I did speak with Mike Hewlett in the service dept. who basically informed me that with used vehicles you take some degree of risk and that is why you should buy an extended warranty. We have purchased extended warranties with ALL of our vehicles and have NEVER used them. Based on our past service experience I do not have any faith in the service dept. at Hewlett, I feel they missed many of these issues during their inspection of the vehicle, I was told by Mr. Hewlett that they would be willing to look at the vehicle to examine the coolant leak however we would most likely be responsible for paying for at least a portion of the repair and he would not agree to pay the $319.61 we paid out of our pocket to have the other issues repaired. We also have not replaced the spark plugs or battery. Bottom line - stay away from the service dept. We will not be returning, nor will our family and friends. I don't feel Mr. Hewlett offered us a satisfactory resolution to this issue. Now we need to come up with the money to repair the other issues. Update 10/3/2016 (issues still unresolved) I have spoken to Mike Hewlett again. He informed me that I should have purchased a new vehicle to avoid these issues we are having now. I told him that our family could not afford new vehicles, and that these repairs (again some we complained about 2 days after purchase) were difficult for us to cover financially. Then he insulted me by saying "we should live within our means" Is this REALLY how you treat customers???? Our family does not have the government to bail us out, we are ultimately responsible for our bills. My husband and I own 2008 Toyota with over 100 k miles on it, (paid for) and my son drives a 2007 ford f-150 with over 100 k miles on it (paid for) both of which we keep maintained and we have not have any issues with. Furthermore we both have 800 plus credit ratings. Mr. Hewlett we do live within our means, THANK YOU!!! They apprently do not perform the scheduled maintenance on trade in vehicles nor replace or repair items that are in need of repair before placing them on the sales floor. People do yourself a favor stay away from this dealership at ALL costs!! Take your business elsewhere, they do not value their customers, and their service department is deplorable.

11/2/2016 Issue remains unresloved.

ID
Austin, Texas
Product
2013 Ford F-150 Car
Cons
  • Service
  • Customer service
  • Poor products
Reason of review
bad quality, poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article