Refund Policy and Issues Receiving Refund

In May 2016, I paid Mr Hales $3500 for a photography course, however due to a family emergency I was unable to attend it and asked for a refund. On June 13th 2016, Mr Hales emailed me the following message: “I emptied all of my accounts recently to help with a family issue. Right now I’m trying to figure out how I can refund your money”. 7 months on and despite my repeated attempts to get my money back, I have only received $2100. Not only that, but Mr Hales doesn't believe he has to give me a refund, and indeed claims that, "This refund is a pure accommodation". Questions a consumer should ask themselves before considering doing business with Mr Hales: Should I hand over $3500 to a business, knowing they issue refunds on a, "Pure accommodation" basis? Mr Hales was quick enough to take my $3500, but at no stage did he EVER explain that his refund policy was on a, "Pure Accommodation" basis. Why? What kind of business tells you that, “I emptied all of my accounts recently to help with a family issue. Right now I’m trying to figure out how I can refund your money”, when you ask for a refund? Why has Mr Hales taken 7 months to refund only $2100 of my $3500? Conclusion: Mr Hales thinks HE is doing me a favor by refunding my money. Furthermore, he is now threatening to sue me if I don’t withdraw my review from another website. WARNING!! Please consider very carefully, before giving this man any money. Unless of course you are happy to work on a, “Pure accommodation” refund basis, and you don’t mind waiting 7+ months for a refund, in the event you need one.
ID
Service
Don Hales Photography Customer Care
Cons
  • Threats to sue
  • Don hales refund policy
Reason of review
Bad Business Practice on Refund Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article