Cherry D Dro

Disappointed and amazed.

Updated by user Nov 24, 2019

After I wrote my first review, Dog Ear Publishers contacted me and did restore my book web site and told me the amount of money they owed me but did not send the money. I have tried to contact them several times and they do not respond nor do they send a check.

So they will publish a book if you pay them but will not give you any money you earn from the books they sell. Is this illegal?

Updated by user Oct 15, 2019

After I gave my review of Dog Ear Publishing I received an email responding to my review. They did restore my website to sell my book and was given an amount they said I was owed. I did not receive a check, emailed them again requesting the check and have not heard from them since.

Original review Sep 15, 2019
I learned a lot about writing for the excellent editor I worked with. The rest of my experience with Dog Ear Publishing was not so positive. There were a lot of hidden cost and very poor customer service. Even though I purchased a publishing package that included the development of a web page and social media support I did not know that they would charge me yearly to not only continue publishing my book but to continue having the book's web page. Even though I paid for the web page it is no longer working. I also have not been paid for the book sales. I have tried to contact Dog Ear Publishing regarding these issues by email and by phone many times. I have gotten no response. I absolutely would not recommend Dog Ear Publishing to anyone.
Loss:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

They're out of business, and should be. Pleasant to talk to over the phone, and they want a check from you to get you started but are not forthcoming in return for books sold.

Althea G Opo

SHOCKING Behavior!

In October of last year, I published a book using this company! The initial order was short by two books, as was the next order! After complaining, they put it right. I was supposed have my book in Barnes & Noble, Books a Million and Amazon. After much research, I discovered that there was no return policy with the book stores, so they would not stock my book! Mr Robinson said that if I paid $500 as a return fee, they would stock the books! I paid the fee! I have yet to see my book on their shelves!!! I was notified that Amazon was 'out of stock' and took the matter up with Mr Robinson ~ he said that Amazon is NEVER out of stock as it is print on demand (was I seeing things????) I set about trying to see how I could get paid by Amazon as several months had gone by and although I know that MANY people had ordered my book, I had seen not ONE CENT for it ~ in fact, the only income I had derived, had been from my OWN sales of the book! I emailed both Amazon and Dog Ear Publishing (Mr Robinson) on: May 2 May 10 I received no response! The customer service from this company AND FROM AMAZON is diabolical and in fact I see that ONLY THEY have made a profit from MY work! Amazon is now selling the book for $7.76 ~ HOW DO I GET MY PAYMENT FOR THESE ORDERS (Backoffice) and indeed, what profit IS there for a book that the RSP was $17.99? I would now like answers! Why is the publisher, the ONLY one to gain a profit from MY HARD WORK!!
Pros:
  • Name
Cons:
  • Attitude of the owner
  • Lack of communication
  • Fact that he got snippy with me over an email
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

NO CHECKS REC IVED FROM SALES NO RETURNED CALLS

I am author have called and called emailed emailed no return call none of my checks have beeb sent me no accounting nothing Terrible can't control of my books accounts even though as self publisher I'm supposed to be receive 100% after book cost !!! NO sales receipts quarterly although my book selling worldwide !!! terrible !
Janice G Jda
map-marker Altus, Oklahoma

Will not communicate

2nd book published with them was never available for purchase because they had a dispute with Amazon. I has flyers printed and handed them out all over as i traveled only to learn book was not available. 3rd book was 3rd in a series. They made tons of mistakes in the draft,would not answer messages, phone calls, emails, etc. Finally contacted owner after 6 months. He said resubmit, he'd slip it into production as the best way. It's been 5 months more - no communication of any kind. In addition, finance sent me an email about fee for keeping 1st 2 books available but would not answer email or return phone calls, so now no books are available. It's a good story, if only i could get it out.
Order processing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article