They did not refund my pre-payment back

Hi, I Planned a Ukraine trip for new year and made a reservation through dobovo.com. I made my pre-payment for reservation confirmation also. I just changed my mind and want to cancel my trip and I cancelled my reservation at 13.12.2012 which is before than my arrival about 14 days. After I realized there is no refund I firstly asked them my cancellation and money status them at 28.12.2012 and they answered me that they made refund my money 27.12.2012. At 31.12.2012 I still could not see my money is back and asked again to info@***.com and Polina Kozlova answered my mail with this transfer can last about 5 days. At 09.01.2013 I realized that my money was not be refunded, I asked them for re-checking and they sent me an e-mail which has a official(!) letter in Russian but of course I could not understand anything. I contacted with my bank for asking whether there is any refund transaction or not and they answered me there is no refund transaction from dobovo.com. Today, at 14.01.2013 and I still can not see my pre-payment back and I want to tell you this story for you not to use dobovo.com anytime! I hope that they will react more positively and will send my money back!

Dear Mr. Aktas,

My name is Volodymyr, I'm a head of customer care department of Dobovo.com online apartments booking service.

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, even though it is not the best one. It's very important to know not only success stories of our satisfied customers. We also thank you for your patience.

As you already know - you have finally successfully received full refund of your pre-payment.

As you also know - we are very sorry about such a delay this refund took to get back to your credit card. We would like to review the history of this payment and refund to show that we have made a serious internal investigation of your issue and as you know - many times contacted our merchant bank and yourself by telephone:

2012-10-31 :: Online credit card payment made, booking confirmed

2012-12-13 :: Booking cancelled by customer (you) and due to early cancellation which was not violating cancellation policy of the booking - 100% refund was initiated in our internal CRM system

NOTE: as you might notice during the booking process - we offer more than 18 options to make pre-payment and confirm your reservation - from online credit card payment (which you used), PayPal, WebMoney, Qiwi, cash terminal payments and many other payment system. Each payment system has it's own procedure of making refund and in case of online credit card processing system - in order to initiate refund we have to manually request it from our bank operator. BTW: we have switched to the new online credit card processing gateway in mid January 2013 (provided by Alfabank) which allows to initiate refunds online, so from now on - there will be no such issues at all!

2012-12-14 (friday) :: Our customer care department operator Polina has requested refund from our accounting department using our internal CRM system

2012-12-17 (monday) :: Our accountant on duty has sent an official letter to the bank requesting to initiate a refund to you and has confirmed the refund in our CRM system - that was exactly why Polina thought that refund has been successfully processed.

2012-12-27 :: Our accounting department has not received a confirmation from the bank about your refund and has re-sent the official letter of refund request to the bank by email and by fax and by snailmail (we can attach scan copy if needed)

2012-12-28 :: Our accounting department has got a confirmation from the bank that they have received our letter.

2013-01-09 :: Customer care department received your request to check the refund as you haven't got it yet.

2013-01-09 :: Accounting department provided customer care department with a scan copy of official refund request sent to the bank

2013-01-09 :: Customer care department has sent you that official letter by email (you should have it)

2013-01-16 :: Customer care department got your email saying you haven't yet received the money and that you would like us to request confirmation from our bank on our side

2013-01-17 :: Accounting department has requested confirmation of the refund from the bank

2013-01-18 :: The bank has replied with their apologies and mentioned that our original refund request has been lost due to NewYear holidays (as you remember, we have sent the original one on the 17th and then on the 28th of December 2012).

They have also sent us a confirmation that now they have successfully issued the refund.

2013-01-18 :: Polina has sent you an email with apologies and confirmation that the refund has been successfully issued and it should take 5-7 banking days for the money to reach your credit card.

2013-01-28 :: We have got your email "Thank you, I got my money back."

So, we would like to apologize once again for all this long refund process and would like to announce:

1) Since mid January 2013 we have switched to the most reliable, secure and useful online credit card processing gateway provided by Alfabank which allows to initiate refunds without manual requests - now refunds will be initiated automatically immediate after it appears in our CRM system.

2) We have generated additional Compensation Voucher to you for your inconvenience and moral disappointment - you can please request the voucher code from our customer care department and you or any of your friends can use it as a pre-payment for the future bookings with Dobovo.com

Thank you for using Dobovo.com! We are doing our best to provide you with reliable, fast and secure online booking of apartments in Ukraine.

@Lamaya

2012-10-31 :: Online credit card payment made, booking confirmed

2013-01-28 :: We have got your email "Thank you, I got my money back."

View more comments (1)
ID
Istanbul, Istanbul
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article