Defective counter top installation

A “heads up” to anyone in the Colorado Springs area who is considering having a kitchen counter put in, or replaced, by DMS Custom Counter. I had a frustrating and disappointing experience with them. I had my 24-year-old laminate kitchen counter top replaced by them about 18 months ago. First, it took three attempts for them to get the counter measured and cut right, so took nearly three weeks to get the job done, not counting the time to order original materials. Recently I noticed that one of the corner seams on the counter was separated due to swelling of the core material. It seems the seam leaked moisture, resulting in a raised area of the counter along the seam, and of course, a split seam. When I contacted DMS they simply told me that seams are not covered against leakage by warrantee, because they can’t be sealed – and if any water is left standing on them they will leak. This seems absurd to me, since there are good quality sealants available for such purpose, and contractors manage to seal seams around sinks, tubs and showers so they don’t leak. I never had this problem with the seams on my old counter top over a period of 24 years. So, overall, I feel DMS did a poor job with the installation of the counter – and now I’m stuck with a defective product, for which I paid nearly $1,000.
ID
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Cons
  • Quality of workmanship
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article