Defective Hot Point Washer

Purchased a Hot Point Washer and Dryer from Dixie Furniture in North Charleston SC in February 2015. The washer has continuously gone off balance and based on the repair video on Hot Points website had to be adjusted at least ever few days. On Sunday June 28th, the washer literally started slamming, bouncing, walking across the floor, before I could push the stop button the bottom of the washer let out draining the entire washer onto my laundry room floor pretty much soaking the floor and causing water damage. Called Dixie Furniture and spoke to "Skip the manager" and I was basically told it wasn't their problem and to call 1-800-GEcares, When I questioned "Skip" as to why he sold me a Hot Point and not the GE they had on display, he told be they sold both and Hot Point was a good product. Perhaps "Skip" should read the reviews on products he peddles off as legit because this Hot Point is a complete piece of ***! Today GE repair was here for their 3rd visit to basically rebuild the entire inside of the washer, all because a lose bolt caused the tub to go out of alignment and smash the interior of the motor 3 and a half weeks after my initial call for service and guess what? I'm still missing the agitator that was supposed to be here and the washer barely spins at all. Yes I got duped by a snake oil salesman, here's to hoping it does not happen to any of you!
ID
North Charleston, South Carolina
Pros
  • Competive pricing
Cons
  • Bad service when a problem arose and billing proactics
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article