How to be screwed by a timeshare

We have owned a timeshare at Divi Little Bay in St. Marteen for a few years now. First off the unit we bought was not the one we were told we were buying. I got a lot of BS from them on that and that there was nothing they could do about it that I probably misunderstood, more BS. Then we used points on the unit that we have to go to Aruba instead of our homebase. RCI handled the transaction. They are another bunch of idiots, Interval International is really the only good one out there. Well all arrangements were made and paid for. About a month or so we receive a letter saying that there is a new tax and it will be $35 more a night. I told them go to ***, cancel the vacation and give me a refund. I got some back but not all the monies. The wife and I decided that they we will not go there ever again and want nothing to do with Divi. We have not paid for the maintenance fees for 2014, and received letters from them . Last one was Certified mail. I told the *** that they can sell the unit and take it out of the proceeds. I was told that if I do not pay the fees they will take back the unit. I paid cash for it and their telling me they will keep the funds and resell the week. They canKMA. I am telling everyone do not deal with the Dive Little Bay organization, they are nothing but money hungry crooks in my opinion. I know that that week will be resold and then they will not return any funds. I will retain an attorney and sue.

What was the final Outcome of your situation? Did they send collections after you or try to sue you? In a similar situation myself.

#1206972
@PissedConsumer1176861

I too am in similar situation. Anyone have any updates?

View more comments (1)
ID
Loss
$19000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article