Susan Kogan impossible to work with when trying to move

Flakes out on appointments. Does not return calls. Gives vague explanations about the status of apartments. Makes you call her repeatedly and hunt her down repeatedly. In the past 3 years when I've changed apartments, I have to write off any place with her name on it because I know it will be a wild goose chase. This woman makes moving more stressful than it is to begin with, and then she has the audacity to actually try to turn around and act like she deserves her fee. If at all possible, avoid giving this woman any business. She does not take her job seriously and you shouldn’t take her seriously.
ID
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Susan Kogon of Distinctive Properties Stole Commission

It is my opinion that anyone should be extremely careful when dealing with Distinctive Properties of Northport or Realtor Susan Kogon. I entered into a lease where Susan Kogon was one of two agents. The lease was canceled before it began and Susan Kogon kept my the full brokerage fee citing "too bad". The other broker and the landlord returned all of the money. Consider this story before you enter into any kind of transaction with this company or realtor. In the history of my dealing with realtors Susan Kogon is a true blight on the realty occupation. She has little morals or scruples in my opinion.

She was rude to me on the phone. I pity the landlords trying to do business with her, too.

@PissedConsumer1371120

Agreed, I can't believe she's still in real estate. I can only hope this thread of comments have kept a lot of people from getting their money taken like I did.

#1193020

Flakes out on appointments. Does not return calls.

THIS WOMAN SUCKS!!! I honestly don't understand why so many people give her their business.

I have been searching apartments with my boyfriend and every apartment I fell in love with was listed with her.

For the last three months I had called her and left messages interested in listings. She takes mine or my boyfriends info every time then probably throws it in the garbage. I have yet to receive one phone call in return after the initial conversation. It's become funny to us, we call, have the same conversation every 2-3 weeks then NOTHING.

After several let downs we decided to stop trying to pursue her listings.

I guess she doesn't want the commission. I will never understand why people continue to work but don't want to actually work.

I really wish people would stop using her.

My wife and I dealt with Susan for our current place now. She was very kind, professional, and nothing like the comments I see here.

My wife and I are from the Midwest and moved out here for her degree at Stony Brook. Clearly someone has anger towards her to write all these negative comments and a lot of time on their hands.

I met her and her daughter. Great people, helpful in the whole rental process and she really kept in contact with us through from the beginning to the end.

@PissedConsumer976013

Susan Kogon is one of the worst realtors I ever dealt with in my life and this thread is not "someone" it is apparently a lot of people. How she remains in the industry is beyond shocking!

I contacted Susan months ago regarding a listing I saw on Craig's List for a rental. She took my email address and said she would send me listings that matched what I was looking for.

Never heard from her again, even though I have seen several of her listings on Craig's List since then, which match my criteria.

Guess she is not interested in new clients.

I am shocked to see there are several very negative comments written on Susan Kogon here, some of them written around the same date, which leads me to believe these just aren't authentic. I have no personal bias and hope my comment will be received as impartial.

Among the four realtors my wife and I dealt when looking for a rental apartment on Long Island last year, she was by far the most courteous and efficient, and she had the best apartments of all to show us.

My wife and I were left with an extremely positive impression, as Susan was both very professional and kind. I would strongly recommend her to anyone looking for a neat rental place in Suffolk county.

Susan Kogon is the biggest loser of a realtor I have ever met along with her shady company that she works for. How she gets listings is beyond me but I would gather that she lies to them just like she lied to you.

She's a liar and from what I can see in this thread an absolute thief. I guess she continues to find suckers who work with her, hopefully lots of people have found this thread and have avoided her at all costs.

Susan Kogon was a terrible realtor. She showed me an apartment (if you considered her "showing" it to me; she basically just stood there) that she listed as cat-friendly and told me that the landlord would accept two people. After taking all of my fiancé and I's personal information (social security numbers, income, addresses, etc.) she writes to me that the landlord doesn't want any pets or more than one person for that matter.

I ended up writing her back, pointing out that she distinctly listed the apartment as cat friendly. Instead of responding to apologize for the misunderstanding (as a professional would) she instead sneakily edits out the section in the listing about cats being allowed without a single word to me. I was shocked.

I would never again do any business with this realtor, nor would I recommend her to anyone. She has proven to be totally inconsiderate and unprofessional in her conduct. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one with such a negative experience.

View more comments (20)
ID
East Meadow, New York
Loss

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Colby Hager, a a real estate investor and home remodeling expert, talks about property management companies, what they are, and how to choose the right property management company.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article