Non responsive!!!

Once they accepted my claim and got a hearing I called and left messages months before my hearing to update my doctors and perscriptions. Once I arrived qr my hearing my lawyer who wss contracted had none of the very important medical records I requested. Graciously the judge alowed a month for me to gather the records. This isn't my job. And once I called disability group they still requested the wrong records. I called the hospital and doctor to see if they had even requested them. And they didn't yet. It is now two weeks and I've been emailing and calling. If I could fire them so thwy didn't get a penny I would. The lawyer said disability group is going under so barely anyone is there to answer the phones. But that isn't my problem and I didn't hire them for me to do all the leg work
ID
San Antonio, Texas

Disability Group, Inc. is non responsive to questions

Update by user Jul 02, 2012

My case is still pending and getting them to contact me is like trying to break your own arm.. so I would not recommend them if you want an attorney who keeps you informed.

Once again its been at least 3 months that they have contacted me and I was told every 4-6 weeks for up dates.

I sent them an email and no response again... run fast do not pass go or you will be waiting for ever!!

Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2011
Disability Group, Inc. I hired them to help me with my SSI claim. One reason I was interested in them was they kept in contact with me until I signed up with them. Then it was like pulling teeth to get a response and now I can not get them to answer any of my questions. I had even emailed them and told them I was going to be filing a complaint and still nothing. So I would not recommend anyone using this company to help them. You will be left in limbo with on one to help or answer any of your questions.

I was wooed and was called to ask why I had not signed the contract for their services. I told them that I could not afford their fee should I not be awarded disability and they told me that was just a formality, that I would get back pay and everything would be okay.

I should have paid attention to that red-flag. They had Fed Ex come and pick up my signed contract then they dropped off the face of the earth. It is only through my diligence and hard work that I was awarded disability on appeal. Disability Group did not tell me that you were not eligible for back pay until 6 months had passed from your claim date.

They intentionally want to drag your case out at long as possible so you do have back pay so they can collect their fees. I was sent a statement for a whopping $500 plus tacked on administrative fees! :( You don't need a lawyer to file for disability. The Social Security Administration is glad to help you in your filing and you can call them directly to find out the status of your claim.

Don't fall into the same trap I did with this company.

I was totally duped. :cry

This is so true!! I used them and won only because I kept filing complaints with the BBB and even then it took them a month to contact me.

After 3 complaints to the BBB they assigned me to an attorney which we emailed back and forth.

Another problem is they assign you to a contact person which they never stay long and you get lost in limbo!!

They are awful the only reason I won is I did a lot of research asked a ton of question just before going to court!

They are great to contact you to get your business but then they forget about you, and really good to take your money and then bill you for more!! :(

Trying to find out how to file a complaint against them. I am fed up with them.

@sky1759

the firm is actually based out of los angeles california, if you really want to file a complaint you would contact the california state bar association and BBB.

You should file a bar complaint...seriously. I work there and you have no idea the level of incompetence that goes on. Do yourself a favor and fire them (us) if you haven't already.

Here at the Disability Group Inc., our goal is to help our client’s navigate the often lengthy Social Security disability process. Therefore, we have strict standards that all calls are returned within 24 to 48 hours and that every client gets a regularly scheduled update on the status of his or her claim. We regret any miscommunication in your case and we look forward to working with you on winning your claim.

@PissedConsumer344868

That would be great if it were true but it is not!! I was a client and that never happened!!

Contact is hard to get from your company and I know that first hand! But you are quick to take the money and bill for more!!

So I guess your fast at something!! :( I am still thinking of filing a complaint and my case is finished!!

@PissedConsumer344868

Your as incompetent at the company, I'm sure of it.

View more comments (7)
ID
Kenner, Louisiana
Loss

About

Disability Group Privacy Policy
This privacy policy applies to information collected online from users of this website. In this policy, The Customer can learn what kind of information Disability Group collect, when and how The Company might use that information, how www.disabilitygroup.com protect the information, and the choices The User of Website have with respect to The Customer's personal information. Disability Group use the information primarily to provide The Client of Disability Group with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to The User of Website Disability Group don't share any of the information The User provide with others, unless The Company say so in this Privacy Policy, or when www.disabilitygroup.com believe in good faith that the law requires it. Website only require that The Client of Disability Group provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, The Client may be asked to provide information if The User participate in an online chat.
To read more: http://www.disabilitygroup.com/privacy/
Summary

Disability Group is presented to be one of the largest and most successful social security disability advocacy groups in the USA. It is a law-firm which is dedicated to help its clients claim and get their Social Security Disability Benefits. Disability Group is based in Los Angeles, California. The company was founded in 2005. Since its opening, Disability Group has handled up to 11,000 cases. The attorneys of the company are intended to handle the medical records as well as all other case requirements to ensure that a customer is qualified for the benefits. All clients are promised to be usually informed about each step of the application's progression. All forms of communication are involved to ensure that clients can be in contact with lawyers of the group.

Disability Group reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article