Unauthorized credit card charges by DCA

Direct Commerce Academy, DCA, advertised information on line regarding a home based business. They charged $2.97 to review their presentation. After inputting a credit card account number and authorizing the $2.97 charge to see the information - it was obvious that the information was worthless and I had no interest in pursuing it further. I shut down the site. When my credit card statement arrived the charges were $2.97, and 2 days later another $139.00 membership charge, and a week later another $39.95 monthly fee to be deducted automatically from my account. I called them on the phone and explained that I had not accessed additional information, had not signed up for the membership, and had not authorized anything except the $2.97 charge. They refused to discuss it and said I was obligated to pay. The operator was rude and threatened to hang up on me - all she did was to keep repeating that I had joined and authorized the charges, which was completely false. I contacted the credit card company and I wrote to the State Attorney General lodging an official complaint. They forwarded it to the Federal Commerce Fraud Department. My credit card company closed the account and issued a new card to me. They said they would reverse the charges and pursue an investigation of this vendor. I will no longer purchase anything on line - it has become unsafe to use credit card purchases on line.
#222050

These people have small lines written somewhere on their process where if you don't cancel your account within 5 days...you get charged in my case $68.71 and $29.29 membership this and that for a product that I didn't use. In fact I got a call from someone at the company and I said I wasn't interested...and he surely never mentioned anything about upcoming charges!!!

Rip off - Rip off - Rip off

Now I have to go to my bank and cancel the charges…

#203757

No, my credit card company said I am not responsible for fraudulent charges and they will investigate this vendor. I at least stopped the bleeding by canceling the credit card and getting a new one from my credit card company.

They will not be able to charge anything else against my credit card number. I have read on line that this DCA company has fraudulently ripped off thousands of consumers across the country.

They advertise on pop up ads on all sorts of websites and search engines home pages and on the radio - it is just a huge scam. If you hear or see these ads for home-based businesses to make thousands of dollars a month from your home computer - they are not true - and they simply use this to get your credit card number and start charging you bogus charges.

#203743

did you end up paying the money they charged you?

View more comments (2)
ID
#202871 Review #202871 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Phoenix, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article