Verified Reviewer

No heat with my electric fireplace. Would like help repairing it or returning it.

In order to return it online message says for us to take it to UPS. It weighs in excess of 200lbs. We are both over 75 and do not have a box to put it in if we were able to take it apart or lift any of it to take it to UPS. The heater doesn't work. It worked one time when we first got it and hasn't since. We paid premium price for this and sure would appreciate some help from your company with this problem. The fireplace is beautiful and what we wanted but would like the heater to work. Thank you.
ID
Los Alamitos, California

Dimplex North America does not stand behind their warranty

Update by user Jan 28, 2013

It's been one month since this post and still have not heard from Dimplex in response to my email inquiries.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2012
Purchased in January 2012. Worked for an unseasonably mild midwest winter till around May. This year, plugged it in and fired it up this November, the heating element and fan ran for one minute and stopped working. Still under warranty, I tried calling customer service on my lunch hour three separate days. Waited over 20 minutes and the system indicated I was moving up in the wait list at the rate of one position about every three minutes.. Each of the three times I called interesting that I was number 23 in the *** .. Anyway(?) That's over a one hour wait time. I also used their website and contacted their tech, operations and customer service teams (again, three separate times). Dimplex North America does not provide acceptable customer service to honor their warranty!! Not a single response back, not one. I told them I was going to spread the word, they have not bothered to attempt any correction. Well, off to the most popular online customer complaint websites, and finally BBB!
ID
Chicago, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article