NON-PAYING CLIENT

Is the complaint you are filing related to the Internet or an online service? Yes Do you have pertinent documents in paper form? Yes Information about the Individual/Business that victimized you Business Name: Digital One Marketing Name: Anthony Carson Gender: M Address: Digital One Marketing Johnson City, Tennessee Area City: Johnson City State: Tennessee Country: United States Zip Code/Route: Phone number: Email Address: tonycarson@***.com Other Identifiers Web Site: http://www.digitalonemarketing.com Other: Skype: atc103 Description of the Incident Describe in your own words how you have been victimized. I have been trying to apply online as a professional web designer for some time 'cause I have been working as such since year 2001 through a US company as well in Tampa, Florida USA for over 4 years... but I didn't have any sort of problem with them like this one. This is the first time that I have been victimized of not being paid after rendering an honest work/service. I applied through Craigslist.com.ph where I saw the ad of Mr. Carson (See ad below): His exact ad on Craigslist: POSTED ON Carigslist.com.ph: =========================================== Web Designer (Phillipines) Im needing a website designer ASAP pay negotible plus some paid time off must know how to meet deadlines. Full time work Location: Phillipines Compensation: Negotible Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests. [Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded:] 1. I was hired on February 6, 2013 and our conversation was through email. I started working then. I have all the work-hours report in MS Excel format which I sent him. (FILE IN EXCEL - I CAN PROVIDE WHEN NEEDED) *With those work-hours I spent he was supposed to pay me a total of ($174.00 + $120.00) US$294.00 last Friday (FEB. 22, 2013) - based on the contract I signed [where he didn't sign at all despite my request... I just trusted him]. Yesterday, (FEB. 24, 2013 - SUNDAY) I logged in to my Paypal account expecting to see my pay... but there was none. He mentioned, after my follow-up, that I will receive my pay on that Friday (FEB. 22, 2013 through Paypal). I tried to log in to the cPanel of both my projects (http://www.carrollcreekdental.com/cpanel & http://www.tyloc.com/cpanel) but I can no longer access both. I tried and tried but can't get in anymore. I still tried to contact him through email and even left messages in his Skype account.... but to no avail. No replies, nothing. Even before doing this complaint, I sent him another request for clarification as to what happened.... and still waiting. I did an honest job w/ excellent results. A simple guy working for a living for my family. I did my part... trusting my employer to his part in the process to pay for the services rendered to him and his company. The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you: NAME: Anthony Carson POSITION: CEO at Digital One Marketing Johnson City, Tennessee Area Marketing and Advertising EDUCATION: University of North Carolina at Asheville Employer/Client: Anthony Carson Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. Skype ID: atc103 Email: ac100369@***.com Page 4 of 11 Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint: -I have the contract he sent but without his signature, despite my request. (I can send this) -I have the email script thread w/ my dealings with him (I can send this also) -I have some Skype conversations as well. (I can send this as well) Here's the content of the contract I signed: ----- Digital One Marketing Digital One Marketing 105 Cambridgeshire Court Johnson City, TN 37615 Feb. 25, 13 Leonardo Esteban 38-B *** St., Paltok, QC 1105 Philippines thebizmanleo@***.com Leonardo, Digital One Marketing is pleased to offer you a job (as an Independent Contractor) as a Web Designer. Should you accept this job offer, per company policy, you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date: Page 7 of 11 Salary: Bi weekly salary of max $240.00 US Dollars(hourly rate $3/hr) Biweekly upon receipt of the timesheet report and hour summary by Wed US time. Please allow up to 2 business days for processing. Hours: Part-time 40 hours a week (weekly timesheets are to be provided) Schedule: N/A 13th-Month Pay Bonus: You will be paid an equivalent to at least one (1) month of your Basic Salary as 13th month pay which will be paid by Digital One Marketing for services rendered. Releasing of 13th month will be after every 12 months of satisfactory work since your hire date. Earnings And Additional Benefits: 10 days yearly sick leave credit with pay but you are required to present a medical certificate. 5 days yearly vacation leave credit with pay. Earnings review in 30day If you accept this job offer, your hire date will be on the day that you attend new-hire orientation on Febuary 06, 2013. Plan to work for the remainder of the business day after new-hire orientation ends. We, at Digital One Marketing, hope that you'll accept this job offer and look forward to welcoming you aboard. Your immediate supervisor will be Tony Carson. Feel free to talk to Tony or email him at tonycarson@***.com , if you ever have any questions or concerns. To accept this job offer: 1. Sign and date this job offer letter where indicated below. 2. E-mail all pages of the signed and dated document to me to . To decline this job offer: 1. Sign and date this job offer letter where indicated below. 2. E-mail all pages of the signed and dated document to me to ac100369@***.com. Accept Job Offer: By signing and dating this letter below, I accept this job offer of a Web Designer & Programmer by Digital One Marketing. Signature: Date: ___February 6, 2013_____ Decline Job Offer: By signing and dating this letter below, I decline this job offer of a Web Designer & Programmer by Digital One Marketing. Signature: ____________________________________ Date: _______________________ Anthony Carson Ext. 102 tony.carson@***.com National Sales Manager THIS KING OF "RIP-OFF" GUY OWES ME: $325.00 -DUE LAST: FEBRUARY 22, 2013

file a case against him and I did the same

www.tbi.state.tn.us/tbi_tips.shtml

Here goes my complain id details

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been successfully submitted. Please retain the following information for future contacts with the IC3:

Complaint Id: I131019****055991

I have started mass Negative marketing against him as well

Hi Guys

Can I get Tony's Picture by any means...this way i will start Mass negative marketing against him,,if so then plz email me at lisawebdeveloper@***.com

@PissedConsumer709906

Thanks Lisa, I appreciate it.... I don't have any photo of him....

not in his email addresses, not in the contract, not in his website either. He has an account in Linked-in but no pix there too....

@PissedConsumer710091

No problem

Try to file case against him

Hope this will work and I am doing the same here

OMG! It's a good thing I asked him to pay me for the hours I worked as soon as I'm done with my work.

I didn't grant him access to download the articles I made until he has paid me.

Thank you for informing the public. I hope you get a better employer.

@PissedConsumer687616

Hi there Mina. Are you pertaining to the same person who cheated me? He is Anthony "Tony" Carson of Tennessee - Digital One.

Good for you he paid you. That's the right thing to do. Just remember, he never intended to pay me. I just trusted him but he never did the same.

Well I Prayed about it already and whatever may happen to him and his business, it's all because of him.

Thanks a lot Mina!

View more comments (5)
ID
Johnson City, Tennessee
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article