Digitalliquidators.com (scam artist)

I recently attempted to order a TV from digitalliquidators.com. A few days after placing the order, I received a call, to verify the order. Image showed TV & stand, but had to pay $70 extra for tv stand. (False advertising, but they get away with it) Try to sell me HD cables, cheapest around, but got them at a fraction of the cost, elsewhere. Also, other bundle packages, & insurance, that you may not want. Buyer beware, know exactly what you're getting, may be your worse nightmare, with these people. Listen and read everything. On a bright note, delivery was fairly quick.

Yes, I needed the stand on day 1.

This was the sentence:

"Buy 2 or More Accessories & Receive 15% Off Your Accessories As Well As A Free Tripod (A $69.99 Value)"

The word is tripod (misleading) and you assume the stand comes with TV.

Good Luck

Did you actually purchase the stand with the TV? Did it say "Stand Included"?

No? Then you're an ***.

View more comments (1)
Boston, Massachusetts

Terrible Customer Service!!

After ordering a GPS navigation system via the Digital Liquidators website, I received an email requesting that I call to confirm the order the next day. I called the number, only to wait on hold for about twenty minutes. When the customer service rep finally answered the phone, everything seemed normal, until he attempted to sell me a "GPS update" for the year 2008. When I told him that I didn't need this, he was unrelenting in bullying me and insulting my intelligence, just to get me to purchase the un-necessary update. I finally cancelled the order, not willing to absorb any more abuse. I got the impression that this is a one-man-band type of operation. I strongly recommend against using this company to purchase anything!!

We bought a Gateway laptop in June 2007. The power cord at the insertion into the pin frayed with broken wires.

Didn't notice it till the battery died. Gateway promptly sent a new one under warranty in November. In August 2008 it again did the same thing. Gateway would not replace it since the year warranty was up.

I emailed them back that this was a reoccuring problem since purchase, they should replace .No response. Because we had the extended warranty through Best Buy it was replaced but not with the original.

Hopefully this will work longer than the original one. I plan on purchasing a extra one since to be without a computer for 2 weeks is very inconvenient.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Digital Liquidators scammed me.

I recently attempted to order a camera from digitalliquidators.com. A few days after placing the order, I received a call from a Mr. Diamond, who said he wanted to verify my order. After calling back several times and being on hold for fifteen minutes each time, I got ahold of Mr. Diamond, who questioned whether I knew anything about the camera, because I didn't have the battery, charger, or memory card necessary. He offered me a 200 dollar memory card, and when I kept insisting that I'd researched and that the 30 dollar memory card I'd chosen was supposed to work, he grudgingly admitted that it was compatable, it just might have a 7 second lag time between saves. Next he tried to sell me a charger and battery for 300 dollars, insisting the ones that came in the factory bundle wouldn't work. When I said I wanted to hang up and think about it, he got belligerent, and said "No, we're through here, it's already been ordered", when I'd never agreed to it. The total was some five hundred dollars over what I'd agreed to pay online. When I heard the total, I said I wanted to cancel the order, but was informed that in order to cancel the order, since it had already been processed and sent, it would cost nearly three hundred dollars. At this point I called my bank and closed my old account. The bank informed me that the transaction hadn't even occurred yet, which meant there was no way that the order had been processed and shipped, I was just being bullied into spending almost twice what I'd intended to. The only positive thing in this experience is that I managed to keep that company from stealing my money. After reading other reviews, I'm extremely relieved my order didn't go through. Stay far, far away from this company.

When they warn you about doing business on-line ...This is the company they refer to. How can they stay in business?

I was told that it didn't come with a battery even though the add said it did. He told me that that was the import modle and the display and everything was in Chinese.

I came SO close to having the same thing happen to me. I called to verify that all the accessories were included and they even have on their website "Shop With Confidence! We assure you that this item is brand new, factory sealed with a one year warranty and includes all manufacturer bundled accessories."

But something about the whole thing just didn't seem right so I called to verify before buying. I was asked about ordering a $200 battery and charger since the one that comes with the package is only a 20 minute battery. I knew then that it could not be the manufacturers packaged accessories and he said that it was a "wholesale" package with cheaper lenses and battery, etc. And if I wanted the "retail" package, he could give it to me for $499. Well, that I can do directly to Best Buy and get since that is the full retail price for it!

So glad I followed my intuition on this.

Same complaint as above. They prey on people who dont know what they are doing.

Scam Scam Scam.

Stay away from this place. Go to a store instead.

View more comments (3)
Rawlins, Wyoming

I ordered a DVD set $109.00 which nerver arrived

After searching for a box set of star trek DVDs for a gift I came to digital liquidators wed site. I thought it was a great price and ordered. That was 2 months ago, and at least 8 unanswered e-mails. I would caution anyone from buying anything from this company. The only thing they can promise is unsatisfied costumers. I also at one point found a phone number and waited on the line for 20 minutes only to be told they have no record of my order and I would have to call back Monday and talk to booking but they had no number or extention to give.
San Jose, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article