Resolved: Digikey, they are splitting orders to charge for shipping

Digi Key - Digikey, they are splitting orders to charge for shipping
Update by user May 18, 2017

Received both in the same tine, what a wasteful packaging for two 1$ switches

Update by user May 17, 2017

They refunded me the charges, i don't know if they had to refund or my less than polite words exchanges determine that. Anyway: if you buy from Digikey you choose: 1) delayed shipment if something is missing , 2) cancel the non available item , or 3) pay the shipping fee for every non available at the same time item. 4) ignore 1) all and complain to their customer service (it worked for me)

Original review posted by user May 17, 2017
Once my favorite electronics supply source, i spent more than 100$ to avoid 8$ dollars shipping charge, at checkout, they told me they don't have an 1$ switch, but they shipped at the same time all my components. So i have two parcels, one with my primary order and the other with my switch. So i paid shipping anyway. Very dishonest company, i will try to find another supplier. This is my 6th order, so i didn't have any problem previously. Before i had to spend more than 200$ to avoid charges. Since they changed to attract more customers, they split orders to recover their money. I am sure i will receive both orders in the same time.
Resolved
ID
Service
Digi Key Shipping Service
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article