Snarky attendant at self-checkout

January 2, 2017 --- I approached the self-checkout,and began bagging my merchandise. As I was leaving, instead of the customary "Have a nice day" that they render, since time immemorial, this snarky, low-rent employee abruptly turned her head and stepped away from her post, all to avoid saying anything to me. I thought nothing of it, until I looked back and saw her pointing to me and snickering with a co-worker. Don't know why. I was cleanly dressed, shaven, and well-groomed. I went back the next day JUST TO SEE IF IT WOULD HAPPEN again. This time, because she noticed that I caught her the day before, she was a bit more careful, and said what they're supposed to say --- 'Have a nice day." The very idea that people like this can hold jobs interfacing with the public speaks volumes of why St. Louis is one of the most violent cities in Mid America.

That was the stupidest review I ever read. You don't need a worker to tell you to have a nice day. Just buy your groceries and leave the store..and grow up!

ID
Service
Dierbergs Markets Customer Care
Cons
  • Self-checkout staff
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Dierbergs - brentwood mo

Racial Profiling at Dierbergs in Brentwood MO: this week of November 21, 2016 - I was very, very closely followed by a black male manager, from the moment I walked into the grocery store. This year, I've been closely followed by white male and female managers. Apparently any african-american female who's casually dressed is considered a felon or homeless. Here are the insults, I'm : not homeless/ not dressed homeless/ never been arrested/ not living on other peoples tax dollars / not under suspicion AND I have a legitimate income. I encourage ALL black females to start videotaping on their cell phones, then send the footage to local and national media. Again, I was very, very closely followed this week, by the black male manager.
ID

To read more: http://www.dierbergs.com/Floral/Ordering-FAQ
Top Dierbergs Markets Services

Customer Care

Dierbergs Markets Pros and Cons

Cons: Self-checkout staff

Summary

Dierbergs is a chain of supermarkets. The company was founded by William Dierberg in 1854. Its headquarters is based in Chesterfield, Missouri, United States. Dierbergs operates more than 25 stores across the Missouri and Illinois areas. The supermarkets have the following departments: Deli & Prepared Food, Bakehouse, Meat, Party Ccenter, and Seafood. There is also a whole life department with gluten free products. Dierbergs provides gift cards for any denomination. It also offers discounts to local churches, temples, schools, and nonprofit organizations. Customer service is provided by phone and by email. The supermarkets accept credit cards and cash. Dierbergs has School of Cooking.

Dierbergs Markets reviews and complaints

Dierbergs Markets is ranked 105 out of 362 in Supermarkets and Malls category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article