Resolved: Vehicle phone requires service

Diehl Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Robinson - Vehicle phone requires service
Update by user Feb 01, 2019

After several trips and software updates to the Dealer, I finally convinced them to replace the entire radio. Since then zero issues.

I did have an extended warranty on the jeep and that may have played a part in them replacing the radio. They ran the charges through the extended warranty and didn't eat the cost themselves. All very shady but it did solve my issue. If you are having this issue, you MUST be persistent, I kept a record of every software update, firm ware update and involved the Service Manager, the Dealer GM and the ownership of the dealership.

I kept calm and reviewed with them that i tried all of their solutions and now i wanted them to try this as a last resort. I even told if this doesn't fix it i wont bring it up again.

Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2018
For well over two years we continually get an error message on our radio. "Vehicle phone requires service" Please contact your dealer. I have made numerous trips to the dealer for this single reason. They continue to update the firmware. The last time I was told that I would need to wait for the "over the air update". I agreed to wait and finally this happened a couple of months ago. The errors still pops up and the radio is now shutting down a couple of times per day. I have asked several times from the start to just replace the unit but the dealer does not want to go that route. I am extremely frustrated by the entire experience and have been a loyal Jeep customer for over 20 years.

any resolutions here? last fall I bought a 2014 jeep and the same thing is happening. I took it to the dealer and they tried to tell me the problem is my cell phone?

@PissedConsumer1630460

View more comments (1)
Resolved
ID
#1319210 Review #1319210 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Product
Jeep Car
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article