Unnecessary checks & ripoff in the end

Drove there with my old Ford product. Driver side power window didn't work, so I figured I'll go & let them check & give me a parts list what I need. Easy task, even parts department could of figure that out. But at that time, they had to put the car into service, do some completely unnecessary diagnostics, and later inform me that we don't know what the part numbers are unless we will open it up and see with which I agreed (I thought its free). Turned out, they took it apart, just to figure out the part numbers & came back to ask if I wanna change it there for 300+ dollars and they got all parts in stock. I denied. In the end, they charged me for diagnostics and for reassembly of the door. Dear people, you know, If at the time I would work full time and so on, I would possibly let it go, but I was a full time student & simply didn't have spare money and got ripped off on the simple thing like this. It is now, I figured that aftermarket part stores will help you out to determine exactly what you need & it is not a rocket science to figure things out yourself after such a *** experience. Stay away from dealers & service departments like this! DIY is way to go.
ID
Hillsboro, Oregon

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article