Extended warrenty from Volvo Dealer worthless

I purcfhased an extended warrenty from the dealership in 2009. This is where I bought my Volvo and had been having it serviced by them for 4 years. I assumed they would not sell me a piece of junk. My car was a 2004 Volvo C70 and the odometer reading when I purchased the top coverage (Pinnical with expanded electrical) was only 34,953. Since I planned to keep the car they recommended this and I figured that as a dealer it was reputable. In 9/2011 I had a door window and a door lock that would not work properly. I had moved so I expected that another dealer would honor it - Wrong! So I actually took it back to the dealer that sold it to me (over 500) miles only to discover that they do not cover it either. I spent 2,500 for a warrenty that apparently covers nothing that would ever go wrong. I contact Volvo central office and spoke with a customer service person and they have no control over what their dealers sell and said they would send a coupon for 20% off the parts and it never arrived. Don't buy an extended warrenty and I won't be trusting Volvo either.
ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article